• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st Recollections of Your Childhood

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:39 AM
  • 17 Replies

toddler girlWhat are some of your EARLIEST memories as far back as you can FIRST remember at your youngest age?

And how old were you in those memories?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angeleyes16
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:41 AM
 I remember my parents fighting constantly. It was always violent.
angeleyes16
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:42 AM

I was about 4 or 5

witchmomone
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:43 AM

Quoting angeleyes16:

I was about 4 or 5

oh how sad.  (((hugs)))

witchmomone
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:47 AM

I can remember being small enough that I thought I was gonna go down the bathtub drain LOL!!!  I don't know how old I was.  I don't however remember losing my virginity from being molested by my dad.  I think I was 2 or so then.

angeleyes16
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:55 AM

Quoting witchmomone:

Quoting angeleyes16:

I was about 4 or 5

oh how sad.  (((hugs)))

It's okay. I have lots of good memories too. Those are just my first memories I guess. We were taken in by my grandma when I was 6 and again when I was 13.

s.t.e.p.h
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:10 AM

I was about 2. We were at a restaurant in St. Louis with my grandparents. My grandpa yelled because I was trying to climb out of my seat to my mom. That's my earliest memory.

After that, I don't remember much until I was about 4.

Briony
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:14 AM

I'm not sure how old I was, but my first memory is with my mother, who passed along with my father when I was 16 months old. So it had to have been before then. It's completely random too, it's of my mother and I walking along this street and a bicycle whirring past. I remember she had a green dress on and I remember vaguely what the buildings around me looked like, and I know I'm not creating it from stories because I have independent confirmation that the dress existed exactly as I remember it, but that there's no photos I've ever seen of it.

My next memory must be some time later, because it's of my parents (adoptive, that is) playing with me up on this black and white checkered tile counter in an apartment we lived in in Amsterdam.

charlotsomtimes
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:35 AM

earliest- I think was the day I was banging my head on the wall for some reason and my mom came and told me she could do it for me if I didn't stop...

getting stung by a bee in between my toes around then (same house and we moved a lot)

riding my big wheel up and down the street- oh how I loved that thing- also around the same time

age 4 or 5

HTMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:10 AM
Same here...she kicked him out and started divorce proceedings before I was 5.

Another one was traumatic and why I don't eat venison.
I was sitting in the middle of the back seat and watched a deer jump across the highway in front of us. It didn't make it. My dad pulled over and waited for the police to come to see if we could take it home. He got the ok and put in the trunk.
It wasn't fully dead in the trunk and would kick every now and again. That was when I was about 4.

Quoting angeleyes16:

I remember my parents fighting constantly. It was always violent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbennett26
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Kindergarten....my grandma (my mom's mom) volunteered in my class when she came to visit and we made homemade butter in baby food jars

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)