Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with DF

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM
  • 6 Replies
Let me start with saying I love my finance, other wise I wouldn't be marrying him! Lol but I'm worried about his communication skills, or lack of. He can talk your ear off about nothing and can talk to anyone, but when it comes to me its like he has a hard time coming up with anything to say. It gets worse when we need to have an important talk. (Example- me going back to school).
I just wanted to know if anyone else is going through this or has. If you have what did you do to help him open up and talk to you? I'm just scared to get married to someone that doesn't talk to me... I believe the key to any relationship is communication.
Any ideas, thought or pointers would be great.
Thanks!
Becky
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
betsystipo
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Sometimes its just hard for people to talk about heavy things...or emotional stuff.  Does he talk better like on the phone?  Or if you feel the need to "talk" I've written it down, emailed it to my hubby.  Then he has time to digest it and he'll reply or we talk that night.  We are both very emotional people and this has worked for us.  I'd also ask your DF why he isn't talking? 

betsystipo
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Good Luck tho, I'm sure you'll find the way....

usmclife58
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:43 PM

No advice, but lots of luck! And Best Wishes!!

CoeyG
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:12 PM

My ex husband wouldn't talk either...that's one of the reasons after over 20 years of marriage he became my ex husband.  I'm going to warn you up front.  Don't go into marriage thinking he is going to change because he isn't going to.  And another warning...don't marry someone you can't communicate with.  Communication is a very important part of any relationship but especially a marriage.  You might love him but...

Number1Chef
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:44 PM

not sure but here is a bump for you

LivinDeadGurl
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:23 AM

My husband is the same way. He can talk for hours and hours about next to nothing, but as soon as we need to talk about something important or less carefree he locks up and looks like a deer caught in headlights. He has gotten much better over the years and will actually sit down and discuss issues with me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)