Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas family traditions?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:17 PM
  • 19 Replies

Are there family traditions that your family has been doing for as long as you can remember?  New ones that you started with your kids?  Hubbys family traditions you are passing onto kids?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mhmomma
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:18 PM

We always spend Christmas Eve with hubbys side of the family.  That has always been their day/night.

Christiansmom44
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:19 PM
Visiting santa at the northpole (a place called Christmas Village)
Driving around to see Christmas lights
Sending Christmas cards
Leaving milk and cookies and reindeer food out
Hot cocoa on Christmas eve when we tell the Christmas story
Coffee cake Christmas morning
Pictures with Santa
Family photos
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christiansmom44
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:20 PM
We may start doing Elf on a Shelf this year, but we're undecided.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:20 PM

For the christmas feast we like to try new unique special recipes we haven't had before as a treat for everyone and we dont want the work and expense being one person or one household so we each make a special dish to contribute its awesome. 

Also when I was growing up my mom grandparents and all my tons of extended relatives always made tons of cookies and candies and fudge and everyone had some at every house but we dont do that anymore bc we are all more healthy eaters and weight conscious so we make one special dessert for xmas eve and one special dessert for xmas day thats it.

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:21 PM

My favorite one is every holiday get together we play family party games like Apples to Apples and Imaginiff and laugh and laugh a lot and its so much fun.

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Throughout the years we open family gifts to and from one another on xmas eve and are all dressed up.

Then the kids and pets would open santa gifts in the morning of xmas day and we'd relax in our pjs or more comfy holiday clothes.

Then we'd have a special dinner xmas day night and dessert and have me open my birthday gifts xmas day evening.

PEEK05
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Nope

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Every year until the kids all moved out on their own since they were little we'd have an annual xmas tree decorating party with cocoa and cookie and carols. Sometimes they would invite their friends too.

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Driving around to look at the outdoor light displays

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:26 PM

We had fun making creative family photo holiday cards or handcrafted personalized cards most years the kids were growing up

I dont send out cards anymore now though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)