Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a wonderful day to sit on the bench!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM
  • 15 Replies

sitting on a park bench and chatting sounds wonderful, except it's way too cold in pa. to do that today.  this group sounds like such a great idea.

my name is lori and i'm a disabled mom of 2 great kids, my son is in the Navy and my daughter is a sophomore in college. i've been diabetic for more than 45 years and have gone back and forth from needles, to pens and insulin pumps.

i love sports, mostly hockey & the ny rangers. i'm a big fan of the ny giants and the ny mets and will root for any team playing any philly team! originally from brooklyn we moved to pa in 2004. knitting, crocheting, reading and watching tv are some of the favorite things i do. i am also my mom's caregiver. she's 83 and unfortunately has macula degeneration in both eyes.

my significant other is a chef and unfortunately disabled too, but not from cooking. he suffers from post concussion syndrome.

hope to talk to ya'll soon!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:02 PM

YVONNE

lorisue920
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM
That's so cool. Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM

RutterMama
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Welcome to the group!

Cafe AmyS
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Welcome Lori!  Glad you're here.

CoeyG
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Lori I'm in PA as well and I can relate to it being too cold to sit outside on a bench.  I don't like having to take my dogs outside to do their "business" LOL.  Welcome to the group.

Ceilidh2011
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome

hmm NY Rangers we could have a problem LOL

CoolMommyofboys
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 2:58 AM
Welcome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhmomma
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Welcome tot he Park Bench.  Jump right in and have fun.  This is a great group of women

lorisue920
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 9:04 AM
I think this is so adorable. And I'm deathly allergic to cats, but even I could have a welcome sign like that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)