Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Monthly Bills......

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:10 PM
  • 21 Replies

Do you pay them as they come in or do you let them sit and pile up till the last minute? I always try to pay them as them come in so I won't forget! How about you?

credit card

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:21 PM

We pay them as we get them and have money. Most of them are taken directly from out account when they are due though.

CoeyG
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I have to let them sit until my SSD check hits my bank account.  I don't get it until the thrid Wednesday of every month.  No one gets paid until I do 

EireLass
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:21 PM

We have 4 steady incomes...same amounts on designated days every month. Everyone gets a piece of my pie.

siddamom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a calendar with the due date of all my bills and pay days. I pay as many bills as i can on pay day, usually before the actual due date. the rest of the check is grocerys and gas. I am a freak about bills.

dingysfamily
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I pay bills - generally - every other week, when dh gets paid. The bills come in & go on the desk, with the due date & amount due written on the envelope; then on payday morning I make sure the paycheck hit the bank and I start paying the bills. Most of the time they all get paid, sometimes one or two will wait until the next payday, depending on what has come in when. It's extremely rare that anything is late. Our credit rating is way up in the excellent range Thank the Lord! Paying our bills on time is a #1 priority to us.

Charli627
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Pay as they come
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tightwadmomto2
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I also have a calendar with the due dates on them. I usually pay them online and have them deducted on the due date and if there are some that I can't due that for - I do pay them last minute. 

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Im a pile and pay ...heehee

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM

You know what stinks about bills? Is that you pay them in full  and they have the nerve to come in again...jeesh

cookinmommyof1
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM
We put everything on a calendar and some get paid when they should and some get paid just before they get disconnected. It depends on what else has to be paid first like the mortgage payment and car insurance get paid first (they come out automatically from the account).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)