Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I Move?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM
  • 9 Replies

Okay, I really need some advice about moving. I currently live with my dad and I have no problem living with him but our trailer is to small for all three of us. He is currently trying to buy a house that is big enough for the three of us but it is taking longer than we thought. I really do enjoy living with my dad, I love to watch him with my daughter and he is such a big help with her. I have been going back and fourth about weather or not to try and move into my own apartment. I really don't want to because the whole reason I moved in with my dad is to keep an eye on him, he has a lot of health problems and we worried about him living by hisself. I know when my boyfriend comes home from school in June chances are we will look for a place together after he starts working, by then our daughter will be 7 months old and I am debating on weather or not I should just stick it out or try to move...Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I have no idea what the right thing to do is, I do know that I don't want to hurt my dad though.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CoeyG
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM

It isn't that long until June, I say stick it out.  It will cost money to move now and that is money you can save up for when your boyfriend finishes school and you can maybe find a nicer place than what you can afford now.  Remember there are depoosits and moving costs involved with moving.

love_to_travel
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I would say stay. I also think you should talk to your dad about the situation. If you are planning to move soon he needs to know. The new place with extra room may be to expensive for him and more space may be unnecessary for just him. do you have any brothers or sisters to help out with dad?

CoolMommyofboys
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM


Quoting love_to_travel:

I would say stay. I also think you should talk to your dad about the situation. If you are planning to move soon he needs to know. The new place with extra room may be to expensive for him and more space may be unnecessary for just him. do you have any brothers or sisters to help out with dad?


I agree...I'd stay also.  It will be June in four months?  If I were you, I'd tell my Dad also that I am planing to get a place with my bf in June cuz he might want to just stay in the trailer cuz it is prob. a good size for just one person

amonkeymom
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 3:34 PM

June is coming fast, I'd just stick it out until then.

mhmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:06 PM
I agree. Wait it out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shyannsmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:17 PM

I would wait it out

Barronbaby
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM
I would wait it out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:11 PM

 Wait until your boyfriend comes home! Its so expensive living on your own...save up your money while you live with your dad...Im sure he loves having you and his grandaughter right there!

nicolekcoy
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Thanks everyone I dont plan on moving in with my bf right away but I will pry stay with him at least 2 nights a week, and yes my dad knows I plan on moving out before she is a year old he still wants something bigger that is his, he has to have a room for praley...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)