Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What About Pennies?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM
  • 19 Replies

Today 2/12/12 is National Lost Penny Day lol ... it seems to me National FOUND penny day or lucky penny day would be more of something to celebrate not losing money?! haha

If you find a penny on the ground do you believe it is good luck to pick it up?

If you drop a mere penny on the ground do you bother to pick it up or do you just leave it?

Do you think Pennies are good to have in our monetary system or do you think they should do away with pennies

YVONNE

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM

1. I'm not superstitious so I just leave a penny on the ground for someone else to find who will be excited about it like a little kid for example (I always did the found lucky penny is good luck with my kids for fun when they were growing up.)

2. If I drop a penny I leave it on the ground ... it makes me smile to think of a child or even another adult who thinks they are lucky to find it and make them happy. : D

3. I think pennies are a bit of a pain the butt so I wouldnt miss them if they took them out of our currency but don't have strong opinions either way, don't care really.

YVONNE

snuggiewoogie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

They really don't bother me. I will pick one up if I find it ya know :)

CoeyG
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I usually leave them on the ground, even if I drop them.  Losing a penny isn't going to break me ...yet LOL.  I do know people who save them for years and then take them to the bank, The most I've ever saved was about $25 it's just too much of a pain.  They really aren't worth keeping around any longer but they do sometimes have their place like when something comes to $52.21.  It's nice to have that one penny in my purse 

hopealways4019
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Hey its money, keep them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashlyn_Kray
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I love pennies in the sense I seem to always have tons of them and keep them in a massive jar. Most can't bellieve how many pennies I have when they see the jar. Everyone that knows me will joke I will retire on pennies : )

I don't pick up any pennies, I leave ones I drop and I pay with them if they are handy so I don't get a huge amount of change back. When I clean out my purse I put all my change in a jar, pennies separated from silver and I just let them build up. I cashed them in one time when I was really broke and it ended up being $40. The lady at the bank thought I was nuts, lol.....

Barronbaby
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:10 PM
If I see it on the ground I leave it... only because letting go of the toddlers had to bend down with baby in arms to pick it up could end badly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I dont care too   much for pennies~! It can be such a pain searching for them..I say round it off to the nearest nickel!

CoolMommyofboys
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM
I pick them up if I see them but I don't think they're good luck. I will pick it up if I drop it also

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Oh as a kid I would pick one up I I saw it. Then you would have to flick it over your shoulder. If you found it again and it was heads up then it was good luck. Pick it up and take it. tails you left it for the next kid.

Please I save every penny I get. I'm still piss poor. We collect change and put it in a jar. We cash in when we vacation. It's all good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Keep
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)