Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

For all you SAHM's... how would you feel if someone said this to you......

Posted by   + Show Post

1.  What do you do with all that free time?

2.  If your tired, why don't you nap when the baby does?

3. It must be nice not to have to work...

4.  Your husband must do really well, I couldn't afford to stay home

5.  When do you plan to return to your career?

6.  Do you feel like getting your Masters degree was a waste of time?

7.  you'll never read a book again, or travel, or shower...

8.  I could never do what you dom I'd die without adult conversation.

9.  Does your husband give you an allowance from his paycheck?

Womansday.com

by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Replies (31-40):
kaitybird
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I just gave up caring because other's are jealous that I can do what I want.  I have a daughter that is in the 9th grade and I love being home at the end of her school day.  :)  My husband does well enough for us!  The decision for me to come home was a mutual one.  :)  Why would I want to work when my husband works only 160 days a year give or take and that is without over time.  I enjoy the time we have together when he is off, and he is off quite a bit.  I get to still do the things and have always done them.  Even when our daughter was born.  

The money he makes has always been ours we do not give allowances to each other.  Just because I stay home does not make me any less of a person.

Funny how  you find out who your friends really are when you become a stay at home person.  Once my daughter graduates and moves out I will become a stay at home wife!  :)  I love my life!  It doesn't need to be explained to others who happened to have small minds!

cupcake_mom
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Quoting nybor48:

1.  What do you do with all that free time? Ha what free time! I clean, cook, do laundry, run around and play with my kids all day.

2.  If your tired, why don't you nap when the baby does? I have way too much to do to nap

3. It must be nice not to have to work... You must NOT have kids if you think being a stay at home is sittin on you butt all day eating bonbons and watching soaps!

4.  Your husband must do really well, I couldn't afford to stay home He does thanks for noticing all his hard work!

5.  When do you plan to return to your career? this is my career.

6.  Do you feel like getting your Masters degree was a waste of time? No it is a good fall back if for some reason i do need to go back to work (that is if i had my masters)

7.  you'll never read a book again, or travel, or shower... i read to my children everyday and that is the best part of my day, why couldnt i travel, no i might not be able to go where i want to go all the time but my kids love traveling too, Showers are over rated hahahaha

8.  I could never do what you dom I'd die without adult conversation. Thats why we go the park and have play dates and things like that

9.  Does your husband give you an allowance from his paycheck? my hubbies money isnt just his money, he may work out of the home but if it wasnt for me there wouldnt be food in the house or he wouldnt have clean clothes or anything like that so i can spend what i want.

Womansday.com

cupcake_mom
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:35 PM

what does your hubby do for a living so i can get my hubby to do it lol.

Quoting kaitybird:

I just gave up caring because other's are jealous that I can do what I want.  I have a daughter that is in the 9th grade and I love being home at the end of her school day.  :)  My husband does well enough for us!  The decision for me to come home was a mutual one.  :)  Why would I want to work when my husband works only 160 days a year give or take and that is without over time.  I enjoy the time we have together when he is off, and he is off quite a bit.  I get to still do the things and have always done them.  Even when our daughter was born.  

The money he makes has always been ours we do not give allowances to each other.  Just because I stay home does not make me any less of a person.

Funny how  you find out who your friends really are when you become a stay at home person.  Once my daughter graduates and moves out I will become a stay at home wife!  :)  I love my life!  It doesn't need to be explained to others who happened to have small minds!

Mrs.Miller11
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Quoting nybor48:

1.  What do you do with all that free time?

whatever the hell I want. When I am not teaching my daughter or playing with her, I am cooking, cleaning. And if I am not doing all that, I work out, I read, I play on the internet, I make tu-tus, basically whatever I feel like doing.

2.  If your tired, why don't you nap when the baby does?

I do sometimes. And if I dont, then I am doing whatever I want, usually watching my shows or working out or reading.

3. It must be nice not to have to work...

yep its pretty damn awesome

4.  Your husband must do really well, I couldn't afford to stay home

we do well enough that #1, its none of your damn business how much he makes #2, we dont rely on the govt to take care of our responsibilities.

5.  When do you plan to return to your career?

My family is my career. Not that its any of your business

6.  Do you feel like getting your Masters degree was a waste of time?

n/a

7.  you'll never read a book again, or travel, or shower...

oh really? I did two of those things just today. And DH will be taking a kid free vacay here in about 3 months.

8.  I could never do what you dom I'd die without adult conversation.

My husband is not a mute or deaf. He can carry on a pretty intellectual conversation actually. And I have these nifty things called friends...maybe you have one or two as well

9.  Does your husband give you an allowance from his paycheck?

Allowance? I am not a child.

Womansday.com

ameliacaldeira
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM

free time my ass, lol it is hard work pickingup iafter people and cooking all day and cleaning. plus weekends i dont do a thing cause its my time te relax with my DH, so come monday, there are dishes everywhere and laundry

godsgirl26
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Quite frankly it's really none of there business whether I'm a stay at home mom or not!

luvmybug
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:47 PM

1.  What do you do with all that free time? paint, read, anything i want.

2.  If your tired, why don't you nap when the baby does? i can't sleep during the day, anyway.

3. It must be nice not to have to work... yes. yes it is

4.  Your husband must do really well, I couldn't afford to stay home. SO works hard so i can stay home.

5.  When do you plan to return to your career? never had one in the first place.

6.  Do you feel like getting your Masters degree was a waste of time? i don't have one.

7.  you'll never read a book again, or travel, or shower... i do all the time.

8.  I could never do what you dom I'd die without adult conversation. SO works from home so i get constant conversation if i want. :)

9.  Does your husband give you an allowance from his paycheck? no, but he does pay the bills and sees to my needs and wants. 

kaitybird
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:52 PM

He is a Sheriff's Deputy!  :)  It has been this way for the last 7 years and we love it.  He is at post for patrol and will have shorter shifts and still work about the same number of days give or take and then I am sure that there will be some days that are longer than others.  :) 

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Quoting kaitybird:

TheJerseyGirl
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Some people have lots of nerve and are rude..or jealous maybe.

At home or at work with children, the job is damn hard!

cupcake_mom
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

darn my hubby wont do that, he likes being a mechanic lol

Quoting kaitybird:

He is a Sheriff's Deputy!  :)  It has been this way for the last 7 years and we love it.  He is at post for patrol and will have shorter shifts and still work about the same number of days give or take and then I am sure that there will be some days that are longer than others.  :) 

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Quoting kaitybird:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)