Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

It's a CafeMom Passover Party! Join Our Virtual Seder for Fun, Prizes and More!

Posted by   + Show Post

The Jewish holiday of Passover starts Friday night, and we're celebrating with a fun (and informative) party right here on CafeMom! We hope you'll join our virtual "seder" (traditional Passover meal) to share your own plans for the holiday, or simply learn more about it. EVERYONE is encouraged to join in and post in the threads - we're having some fun games and giveaways, too!

In very basic terms, Passover celebrates the Israelites' exodus from slavery in Egypt. Because they left in such haste, the dough they'd prepared for the journey didn't have time to rise - and that's why Jews eat only matzo, special unleavened bread, on Passover. All other bread and yeast products are known as chametz - they are not eaten during the holiday and must be removed from the home for the duration, too.

So, let's start our seder! Who's going to be at your table? Or if you're not having a seder - who would you want sitting around your (imaginary) table? Bonus points for inviting someone who's never been to a seder before! Post your guest list here - one lucky member who replies to this post will win a $25 gift card!

The CafeMom Passover Party Sweepstakes starts 4/5/12 at 10:45am (ET) and ends 4/8/2012 at 11:59pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").

Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a gift card to Amazon, Target or Walmart (valued at $25).  The random drawing shall occur on or about 4/9/12.

*No Purchase Necessary. Open to US residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Replies (51-60):
lalasmama2007
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Inlaws
IncognitoOne
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:28 AM

DH, the boys, myself, friends, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and neighbors.

syndi698
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:30 AM
My mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM

my mom

SweetLuci
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM

my sister

Artladydp
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM

my husband

Artladydp
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM

my son

Artladydp
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM

my daughter

Artladydp

my son-in-law

Artladydp

my daughter-in-law

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN