Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's a CafeMom Passover Potluck - What Will You Bring?

Posted by   + Show Post

So the guest list is set. Once you know the "who," the next most important part of the seder is the "what" - what we eat, of course! Certain traditional and symbolic foods are a part of every family's seder (you can learn more about them here), but every family has their own special favorite dishes to serve for the meal itself.

Some of my personal favorites are matzo kugel, mina (a lasagna-like casserole using matzo instead of noddles), my mom's beef brisket and, of course, matzo ball soup!

What do you serve at your seder? Or what would you want to try at someone else's seder (or what dish would you bring as a guest), if you don't celebrate the holiday? Share all your recipes (and pictures!) here, keeping in mind the dietary restrictions of the holiday: staples like bread, pasta, rice, beans, corn, and more are all forbidden. One lucky member who responds to this thread will win a CafeMom tote bag!

The CafeMom Passover Potluck Sweepstakes starts 4/5/12 at 10:45am (ET) and ends 4/8/2012 at 11:59pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").

Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom tote bag (valued at $5).  The random drawing shall occur on or about 4/9/12.

*No Purchase Necessary. Open to US residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Replies (41-50):
doodles181
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM

quinoa pilaf

NJMOMOF2
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Brisket, stuffed cabbage, matzoh ball soup, gefilte fish, hungarian potatoes, asparagus, salad. Lots of wine and all the accompaniments from the seder plate. Desert always is cut fresh fruit and coffee.

doodles181
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Cheesecake made with a macaroon crust

rkoloms
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Quoting sugarmama82:

We're having: Ham

If this is supposed to be a joke, it isn't funny

rkoloms
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Quoting sugarmama82:

rolls

So, you either didn't read the post requesting recipes at least in the spirit of the holiday, or ???

sugarmama82
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Sorry!! Was not intended to be rude....I don't celebrate passover...that's my easter dinner list.

rkoloms
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Quoting sourflower:

Hummus

Are you Sephardic?

rkoloms
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Quoting eliptica24:

spanish rice

1 cup of white rice

brown it

half a cup of pepper

half a cup of onion

1 can of tomato cause

Are you Sephardic?

eliptica24
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM

not even remotely :P i know that jews dont eat specified types of meat tho particularly when on holidays and coshur stuff. i figured that was neutral enough food. >.>

Quoting rkoloms:

Quoting eliptica24:

spanish rice

1 cup of white rice

brown it

half a cup of pepper

half a cup of onion

1 can of tomato cause

Are you Sephardic?

poshkat
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Yup. She used ground up chicken and made it look the same. Than she would somehow make the broth gel up and put a slice of boiled carrot on top of each one. Yuuuuummmmmmmm

Quoting sourflower:

Me too! I can't bring myself to eat the Gelfilte fish either.

Quoting Roo1234:

gefilte chicken?  (I am SOOOOO curious)

Quoting poshkat:

My mom used to make cow tongue, chopped liver, gafilta chicken (because I hate fish!!!) And various other things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)