Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

This s*** is bananas!

Posted by   + Show Post

At the store last night I saw a lady that put her bananas in a plastic produce bag.  I've never seen anyone do that.  You don't eat the peel, the bananas aren't going to roll around in the cart so what's the point of the bag?  Does anyone else do that?

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Replies (421-425):
RainbowSunshine
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:47 PM
When I'm by myself I don't put any of the vegetables in a bag. Those bags make me crazy. They're completely impractical. You can't reuse them for anything but strangling an infant. It grosses out my boyfriend so I use them when we shop together, but I wash the vegetable with soap and water to get the pesticides off when I get them home anyways, so what's the big deal?
CoeyG
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Quoting RainbowSunshine:

When I'm by myself I don't put any of the vegetables in a bag. Those bags make me crazy. They're completely impractical. You can't reuse them for anything but strangling an infant. It grosses out my boyfriend so I use them when we shop together, but I wash the vegetable with soap and water to get the pesticides off when I get them home anyways, so what's the big deal?

If you have dogs you can use the bags to clean up after them when out on walks. 

MamaRae85
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Girl, I've been on this site for too long today because when I noticed your correct uses of "its" and "it's", I wanted to kiss you! Thanks for a small (albeit a ridiculous thing for me to care about) day brightener! =)

Quoting VintageWife:

Quoting suetoo:

I always do it to any fruit I buy. Grocery carts are proven to be filthy with germs, both viruses and e.coli, (fecal bacteria), and leaked meat juice and spilled milk, You get the idea. I want my groceries as clean as possible when they get put on my kitchen table or refrigerator shelf!

Pretty much what I was going to say. Any fruit or veggie I get needs its own bag so it's not floating in meat juice or anything else.

etsmom
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I bag my bananas in case they break off from the hand. I don't like them rolling around in my cart and getting bruised up. Sometimes I buy the paper bag of "old" bananas to make muffins. I don't double bag those.

VintageWife
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 10:29 AM
lmbo!!!!

Quoting MamaRae85:

Girl, I've been on this site for too long today because when I noticed your correct uses of "its" and "it's", I wanted to kiss you! Thanks for a small (albeit a ridiculous thing for me to care about) day brightener! =)

Quoting VintageWife:

Quoting suetoo:

I always do it to any fruit I buy. Grocery carts are proven to be filthy with germs, both viruses and e.coli, (fecal bacteria), and leaked meat juice and spilled milk, You get the idea. I want my groceries as clean as possible when they get put on my kitchen table or refrigerator shelf!

Pretty much what I was going to say. Any fruit or veggie I get needs its own bag so it's not floating in meat juice or anything else.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN