Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have u had Marriage counseling?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM
  • 31 Replies

Did it help? Thinking of doing it but don't want it to dig up dirt and hurt each other anymore than we have.

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snuggiewoogie
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Nope.....

love.and.mommy
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Awww, I'm sorry. I think talking things through is the best thing to do. I wish you luck if you do. We havent done it but we always talk things thru calmly afterwards together!fingers crossed

muireann
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Thank you for your reply & I would usually agree  but my husband has an issue - he spends money secretly (thousand of dollars) and he is a bit of a hoarder, collects & collects ebays constantly. I think we or he needs to get help. I love him dearly but I can't get thru.....

HTMommy
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this

The point is not to dig up dirt and hurt eachother, the point is to learn how to communicate effectively and fix what may be broken. Marriage counseling doesn't work for everyone and you BOTH have to be willing to open up to eachother and LISTEN. If you BOTH aren't willing to try and fix it, then it makes it alot harder. Marriage is for better and for worse and takes a shit-ton of work. Sometimes its hard to see beyond the bad right in front of you, but with forgiveness and communication, I think it can help alot of people. Granted there are certain things that draw the line like abuse and stuff like that, but overall, no marraige is perfect perfect 100% of the time.

letstalk747
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM

nope , he would never do this

CoeyG
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM

No sure never did, didn't need it...I got a divorce LOL that fixed all of our problems

bi-polarmommy
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

marriage counseling is all about digging up the dirt to make sure you have both washed it off your hands, and healing the cuts from playing in said dirt

NVL0707
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Yes,no it didn't help.once we stopped going it was back to the same ole shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teacher915
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I was going to therapy for myself and my husband sat in a few times.  That was some about 3 or 4 years ago.  

LoriAnn87
by Lori on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM

nope he would not go to one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)