Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

octomom is on t.v.- says "she's struggling"...how do you feel about this?

Posted by   + Show Post

storkx 14

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Replies (51-60):
nybor48
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I think she realizes now that her 15 mins of fame was a little more than she planned for.  Unlike the Duggars, her youngest kids are all the same age, and the older ones are not old enough to help out, so yep, she's probably struggling hard.  I know with just 3 grandkids 6, 4, and 2 how tough that is. 

I can honestly say that that is one person I do not want to be...

HTMommy
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I think its for attention because it seems like thats all she wants. She wants the world handed to her and people with bleeding hearts will fall into it and give her everything.

Shortiekt
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't care... Be careful what you ask for... She asked for this mess.

mik1of3
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:46 AM

How in the HELL can you even COMPARE your predicament to HERS?  Did you PURPOSELY infect / develop/ TRY to get any of your conditions?   

At risk of sounding like a TOTAL bitch (and I really dont care if I do, I never have), you need to check your meds, and leave your self pity at the door,  honey.

At least you're alive.

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting mik1of3:

So is the majority of the country, bitch.  Get over yourself and do what you have to do for your family like the rest of us do..you made your bed, don't cry because you are being forced to lie in it.

I am disabled, can't work am on oxygen 24/7 I have Pulmonary SArcaoidosis, COPD, Congestive Heart Failure, Hypothyroid, Acute Renal Failure as well as an Illingual Hernia on my intestines.  I am on SSD and will be for the rest of my life...thanks for getting angry about it.  

mik1of3
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:50 AM

The point is she did it on PURPOSE, knowing DAMN well she couldn't support those kids, and LYING about having the means to take care of them properly.

That's like someone who says they have medical insurance and savings, then shoots themselves in the foot and then expects everyone to pay for their bills and help them out because they lied about having the money to take care of themselves. Or a person lying on a job application about having experience and a degree...and when its discovered they don't, expecting to keep their job anyway.

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting BekkieBoodle:

I really dont think that she was directing that to you.  It was directed at the OP's question.  Simmer down!  lol. 

The difference between you and octomom is that she CHOSE to have all those children, you did not CHOOSE to have all those health issues.  You and Octomom are not compairable... just saying.

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting mik1of3:

So is the majority of the country, bitch.  Get over yourself and do what you have to do for your family like the rest of us do..you made your bed, don't cry because you are being forced to lie in it.

I am disabled, can't work am on oxygen 24/7 I have Pulmonary SArcaoidosis, COPD, Congestive Heart Failure, Hypothyroid, Acute Renal Failure as well as an Illingual Hernia on my intestines.  I am on SSD and will be for the rest of my life...thanks for getting angry about it.  

So what if she had all those kids...if she needs help she needs help, by the way I was getting Food Stamps before I got sick.  As I said even working families get Food Stamps, they go by income and if you make below a certain income for the family whether both parents work full time or not they are eligible for Foo Stamps. I would say that Ms. Suleman's income is probably below the income for her size of a family and with that many minor children she qualifies for Food Stamps as well as WIC and quite possibly Financial Assistance.  

thedahliascene
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:43 AM

i don't feel bad for her, but i do feel bad for the kids. they didn't ask for this situation yet they'll be the ones who have to suffer. sometimes it is unfortunate that we cannot choose our parents.

thedahliascene
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:44 AM

most of those people who don't have a degree or fudge about having a certain job on their resume are allowed to keep the job so long as they're not mucking it up.

Quoting mik1of3:

The point is she did it on PURPOSE, knowing DAMN well she couldn't support those kids, and LYING about having the means to take care of them properly.

That's like someone who says they have medical insurance and savings, then shoots themselves in the foot and then expects everyone to pay for their bills and help them out because they lied about having the money to take care of themselves. Or a person lying on a job application about having experience and a degree...and when its discovered they don't, expecting to keep their job anyway.

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting BekkieBoodle:

I really dont think that she was directing that to you.  It was directed at the OP's question.  Simmer down!  lol. 

The difference between you and octomom is that she CHOSE to have all those children, you did not CHOOSE to have all those health issues.  You and Octomom are not compairable... just saying.

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting mik1of3:

So what if she had all those kids...if she needs help she needs help, by the way I was getting Food Stamps before I got sick.  As I said even working families get Food Stamps, they go by income and if you make below a certain income for the family whether both parents work full time or not they are eligible for Foo Stamps. I would say that Ms. Suleman's income is probably below the income for her size of a family and with that many minor children she qualifies for Food Stamps as well as WIC and quite possibly Financial Assistance.  

geekmommy84
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM

my first reaction, "Well who's fault is that when they decided to pop out a litter of babies and NOT prepared for worst & best case scenerios".  Least thats what dh & i did when we decided to have babies have all our bases covered for those "what ifs?" situations.

thedahliascene
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:49 AM

almost anyone who has never had money goes through that kind of money quickly. it's why lottery winners don't have any savings.

Quoting shadenn766:

she had $300,000 and blew it???...ugh, gimme me a break

Quoting tth328:

She has gone on different shows to seek help cause she's struggling.. I saw her on Oprah and I watched to punch her each time she laughed.. It was so annoying. She made $300,000 from that document of her having 8 kids.. Then spent it all within a year or something like that. She has every excuse in the book or her actions. She doesn't want to admit she made a bad decision to get ivf when she could barely support her other 6 kids. I really could careless for her but I do feel for her children because they did not have a choice in her actions.

mik1of3
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I don't know about most..it depends on where you work.  All the places I've been, though, if you lie on your resume, you're fired, because basically you've committed fraud.  And if you'll lie about that....

Quoting thedahliascene:

most of those people who don't have a degree or fudge about having a certain job on their resume are allowed to keep the job so long as they're not mucking it up.

Quoting mik1of3:

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting BekkieBoodle:

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting mik1of3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)