Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Hard time sleeping these days...

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 5:13 AM
  • 19 Replies
I have gotten myself on this awful schedule. Been having issues sleeping at night. So end up staying up until time to send my son off to school. Then I go to bed and getting up around 11 o'clock. Which only give me 3 or 4 hours of sleep. My question is why in the world can I not go to bed at night? It's the craziest thing I just don't feel sleepy or tired no matter how long I lay in bed! Pure frustration.. any words of wisdom ladies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 5:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoolMommyofboys
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:46 AM
I dont sleep well either- never really have. Sorry that's no help, huh?

Have you tried cutting out caffeine late in the afternoons?

I took Melatonin for a while- it helped but gave me strange dreams
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
incite
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:42 AM

I don't sleep much either - I just fill the time by doing some things I like to do.

CoeyG
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Try melatonin or valerian...try them together even.  They are natural and help the body relax.  

jakesmom323
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:27 PM
I'm pregnant and this is common for us girls, but I take a really hot shower before bed and I sleep like a baby all night. Worth a try;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gbcmom
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Sorry sister. I do the same thing. However, I do not get to sleep during the day. So I run on approx 2-3 hrs of sleep a night. With 2 small kiddos. I think I am very deprived of some me time...so when everyone goes to bed at 8. That is my time to do whatever needs to be done, laundry, cleaning, scrapbook, tv.....whatever. I really need more sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Load free apps of nature sounds and listen to those... my favorites are rain, thunder storms, crackling fire, bubbling brook, waves.

Or

bring up video audio of relaxation self hypnosis on youtube and lay down and listen along with that, its 100% natural and safe and sooooo relaxing. (I'm certified so I know a lot about it).  Self hypnosis is AWESOME for insomnia and relaxation techniques.

Melatonin and valerian root are all natural supplements that can help and also chamomile tea

have a good night

YVONNE

tyandtrae
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM
If eat late or drink alot of caffine filled drinks that may be the problem. Try to not drink anything filled with caffine after bout 12 noon til 2pm. I know thats sounds like a long time, but it roughly 8 hrs for caffine to leave your system. And try not eating after like 7 or 8. If that doesn't work you can always talk to your doc about otc meds or non-narcotics. Some of them work great.
-miya, rn
snuggiewoogie
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Reading a good book always makes me sleepy. I get so mad I start falling asleep and I really would love to keep reading. lol....

betsystipo
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I agree Melatonin works great

Lindalou907
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I take 1/2 a benedryl,the generic splittable kind,not the capsules,and also 1/2 of a melatonin,and I CANNOT sleep without my noise machine,I like the babbling brook sound. Also,if you have any worries,or a to-do list,write them down before you try to sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN