Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meet an Amazingly Adorable Girl with Down Syndrome, and Her Equally Amazing Mom

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM
  • 71 Replies
12 moms liked this

First things first: Go grab some tissues.

Okay, got 'em? Great. Now get ready to meet Maddox, a 2-year-old girl with Down Syndrome, and her mom, Jamie. Maddox's diagnosis wasn't known before birth, but Jamie knew something was wrong as soon as the baby was placed on her chest in the delivery room.

Since then, the family has been doing everything they can to promote little Maddox's development, like regular speech and physical therapy sessions at home. They've also surrounded her with endless amounts of love, affection and acceptance - and that is what is makes this little girl, and this family, truly special.

Have you been in Jamie's shoes, finding out that your child is going to face unexpected obstacles, no matter how big or small? How did you come to terms with it? Or do you know a family who went through something similar?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kisha89
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:10 AM

OMG! I just watched this and the video with the flash cards her and her mom did! so inspirational. i posted the flash card video to my fb wall and have had a GREAT amount of support come from it! It's such a touching video!

twweaty
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM

aww that was a very great story. I have no children with disablities, but my oldest has recently been suspected of having a learning disorder, and were finding it hard to cope with when the school doesnt help as much with schooling as they said they would, and were watching our son fall behind very quickly. 

EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM
It's touching

bamababe1975
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Oh wow, I'm glad you warned about the Kleenex first! That's just so moving.

cjsix
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:29 AM

This video shows all the good that can come from what may to some people seem like a tragic situation. We are all created by God to be unique. We all have things about us which are different. It is in how we look at,except and use these differences that truely make us special. Jamie,your family, including all of these amazing friends and their children are a precious,special and loving encouragement for each other. May God bless all of you as you grow together in the many years to come.giving mom gift

VintageWife
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:29 AM

The sound is on my computer but the video has no sound :(

VintageWife
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Apparently I can hear it on youtube but not here :(

foodie.at.heart
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I've never been in her position but I am amazed and inspired by her dedication.

VintageWife
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM

What a beautiful story! Such a beautiful little girl and her mom is just wonderful :)

Cafe AmyS
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

That's great!  What are some of the best comments you've gotten from her video on facebook?

Quoting kisha89:

OMG! I just watched this and the video with the flash cards her and her mom did! so inspirational. i posted the flash card video to my fb wall and have had a GREAT amount of support come from it! It's such a touching video!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)