Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need to rant

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

omg , it seems like no matter how much i mind my own bussiness i always comes across some a$$ hole or someone who thinks they can  tailgate me on the road especially with my daughter in the car. 

As i was driving on my way home , i was seriously like less than five mins away from my house and granted we don't live in the nicest area in la county in california . as i was approaching the left turn lane to get to my house some idiot in a green car was totally behind me then i turned left and he kept driving fast as if he were tailgating me and so i stepped on brakes he honks and i do it again he honks at me again , then i decided to pull up in my drive way and flip him the finger cause he had no right to do . i felt like calling the police on him cause first he doesn't even live where i am and second no body has a right to do that , i wanted to get out of my car and yell at him , but it wasn't worth that and i hope the cops catch that ass .  what u would do if u were me ?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I don't put on the brakes when someone is tailing me. I get pissed off when people do this, it's  usually young males that do this sort of thing.  Then I wind up driving a bit faster than I want till I can get out of their way & let them pass.  And I don't provoke them, not worth it.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I've done the brake thing before but I would't do anything like flipping him off or anything because I wouldn't want to provoke him. Although one time someone flipped me off becasue I passed him as he was flipping me the bird and I was passing him I smiled big and

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Oh boy. People are jerks. I live on a main road and I would never flip them the bird and pull into my driveway. People can be blind with road rage. We had someone follow and terrorize us with the kids in the car. It was really scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I wouldn't have done anything.  The only way he could get into trouble for tailgating is if he rearended you and then he would grt a ticket for "following too closely" then you would have to explain how the accident happened to your insurance and they don't pay anything if you have caused it yourself. 

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I know,I hate when people tailgate. I usually turn my lights on for a second instead of braking,so it LOOKS like I'm braking. My sister got in a terrible fight with a road rager,she won't flip anyone the bird anymore.

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Lucky he didn't follow me into my drive way , but I do agree people can be blind with road rage and just don't know how others will act . I shouldn't have done that , but I'm so over people just tailgating me down my own block , but it is scary. I haven't had that happen yet , I'm sorry that happened . Some ppl do have serious issues
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I never try to make people angry especially if they're strangers and who knows what they could do in a given situation.  That doesn't mean I haven't been tempted to..but for safety issues I get out of the way.. I think I did report someone a few years back that looked like they were driving erratically..don't know if they were drunk, on meds, sleepy or what.

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I hate people that tailgate.  Good thing I drive a standard and do not have to apply the brakes. hahahah.  Aggresive driving is such an issue anymore.  I do not understand why you just can't slow down and share the road and remember the rules of the road.  Good thing hubby is on patrol now and can issue tickets.  :)  MY worst issue is people running through red lights and people crossing the cross walk.  My daughter uses the cross walk at her school and people do NOT pay attention when that signal is red.  

Here you can get pulled over for those kinds of things!  :)

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I hate people riding my a$$! I dont blame you but you never know when you may do that to some crazy person! You have to be careful!

by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM

i totally agree , i shouldn't have done that and i think god was for sure on myside cause . i mean your right ppl are so crazy or even strangers just don't know what they will do or how they will react , they could have major road rage or worse . glad i am not alone in being pissed at that person for doing what he did , hopefully karma will catch up with him and he will get what he deserves lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)