Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

do you have one

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Replies (21-30):
offrdngal
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 10:44 AM

No, I have no need for a gun.

EireLass
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:03 AM

So you'll shoot other drivers that follow you? Think of the multitude of accidents and injuries/deaths that would come of that.

You should only carry a gun if you are willing to kill someone.

Quoting Necie72:

no, but seriously considered purchasing when i lived in miami.  i was followed TWICE while driving on I95.  the first time was some psycho in a van.  he changed lanes every time i did and i started changing for no reason to make sure he was/wasn't following me...  i waited til the last minute to take an exit and he actually looked at me when i did, so i wasn't imagining it.  the second time there were 3 guys in a car.  the passenger was telling me to give him my number.  when i ignored them, they started following...  until i called a friend on my cell and turned in the direction of the police department...  now that i have a little one i won't feel good about having one in the house.  i could be licensed to carry in the car, but wouldn't want it to end up in the wrong hands that way either.  also, soooo much responsibility comes behind using one...  my uncle showed me the ones that he and my aunt have.  he was going to take me to get my license and to buy one.  he told me if i ever used it, i had to be willing to kill because the last thing you want on earth is an enemy that you've shot.

EireLass
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Yes, several.

Ednarooni160
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Yes, we have guns in the home.

mamamiajk
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:44 PM

My house hold has a total of 7 between us. My guys are avid hunters.

costa2
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Yes, lots. All locked up. My DH is a hunter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Necie72
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:00 PM

UM, NOOOO!!!!  ?????????????????????  If they follow me to my house or wherever I'm going and pose a threat, then yes.  A psycho looking guy in a van who keeps following you...  Wouldn't you find that weird???  Three men in a car who start following you and yelling...  Wouldn't you feel threatened??  I wouldn't just go shooting tailgaters or something dumb...  Boy did you misinterpret that!

Quoting EireLass:

So you'll shoot other drivers that follow you? Think of the multitude of accidents and injuries/deaths that would come of that.

You should only carry a gun if you are willing to kill someone.

Quoting Necie72:

no, but seriously considered purchasing when i lived in miami.  i was followed TWICE while driving on I95.  the first time was some psycho in a van.  he changed lanes every time i did and i started changing for no reason to make sure he was/wasn't following me...  i waited til the last minute to take an exit and he actually looked at me when i did, so i wasn't imagining it.  the second time there were 3 guys in a car.  the passenger was telling me to give him my number.  when i ignored them, they started following...  until i called a friend on my cell and turned in the direction of the police department...  now that i have a little one i won't feel good about having one in the house.  i could be licensed to carry in the car, but wouldn't want it to end up in the wrong hands that way either.  also, soooo much responsibility comes behind using one...  my uncle showed me the ones that he and my aunt have.  he was going to take me to get my license and to buy one.  he told me if i ever used it, i had to be willing to kill because the last thing you want on earth is an enemy that you've shot.

EireLass
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Quoting Necie72:

UM, NOOOO!!!!  ?????????????????????  If they follow me to my house or wherever I'm going and pose a threat, then yes.  What type of threat is a person following you in their car while you are in your car? A psycho looking guy in a van who keeps following you...  Wouldn't you find that weird???  Weird yes, but threatening? No. You shouldn't shoot for weirdness.  Three men in a car who start following you and yelling...  Wouldn't you feel threatened??  No, I'm not paranoid. People are weird, and do weird things. I wouldn't just go shooting tailgaters or something dumb...  Boy did you misinterpret that!

What did I misinterpret?

Quoting EireLass:

So you'll shoot other drivers that follow you? Think of the multitude of accidents and injuries/deaths that would come of that. You should only carry a gun if you are willing to kill someone.

Quoting Necie72:

Charli627
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 2:15 PM

no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)