Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

pot

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:36 PM
  • 115 Replies

legalize or no in your opinion

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM
7 moms liked this

Definately, it can be taxed if it's legal...

letstalk747
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:40 PM

for sure

Quoting CoeyG:

Necie72
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

legalize...  not only can it be taxed, but there will be less "crime" over it.  i'm not a "toker", but think it's stupid when people get arrested for having such small amounts...  our tax dollars are wasted in those situations.  i have an aunt who smokes it and i think that's what has kept her alive for so long.  she was a cigarette smoker (i think those should be illegal) as well and was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and is now on the transplant list for both lungs.  the cigarettes caused that damage and i think the "weed" has been helping her to maintain....

LeahBrown
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM
It would be a hell of an economy booster...

1. It's taxable
2. It would produce more jobs... ex: Farmers producing it, security controlling theft, plants mass producing the packaged product.
3. Grocer sales would go up and possibly jobs there too.
4. No more tax dollars wasted on misdemeanor offenses. On that note I don't think the people that possesses and smoke it in small amounts should get in trouble I believe it's the dealers that should face prosecution.

My personal opinion:
No I do not smoke it. But I did grow up with it in a majority of my family. I come from a large family of successful people. It hasn't seemed to deplete thier motivation to be hard working Americans. Lazy potheads that sit around and eat, and play video games. Give everyone else a bad name. I don't think it is harmful if you can be responsible. But just like alcohol and prescription drugs it can be abused.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Quoting CoeyG:

Love It!

sidesplittinglaughter

momto3isme
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Legalize
Abigail82
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I think it should be legal. In or and wa its legal with a card. I don't smoke it anymore but I agree it can be worth it for the government to just make it legal already.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twohearts0810
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:51 AM

legal 

EireLass
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Legalize

weirdkids
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Legalize! Between the money spent arresting people for small amounts and the $40bil+ a year spent on the "war" against it that alone would make a giant dent in the deficit not to mention the revinue to be made by taxing it.
Alcohol contributes to 40,000+ deaths a year and it's legal. Pot contributes to no deaths and its illegal.
There are numerous new studies that show that the benifits far outweigh the risks. Many proving all that bad stuff we were taught as children were actually wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)