Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Zimmerman case brings up questions of "what would be considered a hate crime"

Posted by   + Show Post

I have been interested in the case as from the beginning as  Zimmerman has been called a "white" hispanic.  I find that interesting as when I first saw him he didn't look white to me, and white or not, he's   half hispanic..and I wondered if the media wasn't trying to inject white into this,  because if this was a hispanic on black crime, it would be a minority against a minority..  Not sure.  By injecting "white" into it,  could it not  possibly  be considered a hate crime.  So, here's my question, if zimmerman is a "white" hispanic, would not any half white/ half black person be considered a "white" black person?   So if a half white/black person attacked  an all (both parents black)  black person, could that possibly be considered a hate crime?  What constitutes a hate crime? Does the key factor have to be "white"?   If there are hispanics and whites out there that hate blacks, then could there be blacks that hate whties and/or hispanics.  So any retaliation from "whatever" race onto any other race, would that not be considered a hate crime.  Or is "white" the only key factor here for being the ONLY reason for a hate crime, full white or half white?

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Replies (11-11):
Ednarooni160
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

I think he saw a dark skinned kid wearing a hoodie and decided it was uupon him to stop that dark skinned kid in a hoodie even if he had to kill him.  Which he did.  He has already claimed that the kid beat him about the face and head and there was no evidence of such. 

Well, I've heard so many thoughts and facts about this case that has been changed, added, and/or retracted that I'm actually looking forward to the trial to see what actually did happen.  And I will be "glad" when it's all over with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN