Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Face jewelry

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:03 AM
  • 29 Replies

Feb
11:54am, EST

Great or Gaga? Face jewelry at London Fashion Week

Getty Images

A model wears a jewelled head-piece by Lara Jensen as she walks on the catwalk during the Inbar Spector presentation at London Fashion Week in London on Feb. 20.

Are these jeweled headpieces wonderfully creative or totally Gaga?

Israeli designer Inbar Spector — known for her festive, avante-garde creations — sent her models down the London Fashion Week runway on Monday in exotic, colorful face masks by Lara Jensen. The glittering, gothic masquerade featured billowy, romantic tulle bottoms and intricate, ruffled tops, which were made all the more dramatic by the sparkly facial accessories.

Are you a fan of this couture-esque jewelry gas mask? Or is it ... a bit much?

Getty Images

Jewelled head-pieces designed by Lara Jensen are prepared ahead of the Inbar Spector presentation. London Fashion Week runs twice a year and is one of the four main global fashion shows that set the trends for coming seasons.

Getty Images

A close-up shot of the Lara Jensen headpiece.

Getty Images

Pretty in soft pink at the Inbal Spector presentation in London.

Getty Images

Models show off whimsical creations at the Inbal Spector show.

Getty

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cat216
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm, hope it doesn't catch on here.  Pretty ugly if you asked me.  I think maybe in a different culture where women cover their faces, it would be very chic.

offrdngal
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I sure wouldn't want to be pulling that crap off out of my hair.  Ouch!  You know it will tangle.  No thank you.  It really does look stupid.

Ednarooni160
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM

When I first saw it, it reminded me of belly dancers with clothes on..lol

IhaveHisjoy
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM

hideous!!

mik1of3
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I think a little of it--around the forehead, over the cheeks, very light--might be attractive, but not this heavy, gaudy shit.  It reminds me of how my mom taught me to use makeup---you want it to accentuate your features, not cover every thing up.  You want them to notice your face, not what's ON your face.

LivinDeadGurl
So busy lately, I am damned near falling asleep sitting up. I think a nap is in order.
Yesterday at 3:54 PM
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I think it is tacky when done like that. I have seen it done less extravagantly (it is popular in some cultures) and it CAN be beautiful. 

VintageWife
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:13 AM

HAHAHAHA...those are horrible!

Ednarooni160
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Quoting VintageWife:

Can you imagine putting on one of those and a hot little no and surprising your hubby on Valentine's Day?  LOLOLOL He would probably be in shock..lol

VintageWife
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting VintageWife:

Can you imagine putting on one of those and a hot little no and surprising your hubby on Valentine's Day?  LOLOLOL He would probably be in shock..lol

Mine would expect it. LOL! I'm known to put random items on just to get a laugh from him :)

Ednarooni160
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Quoting VintageWife:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting VintageWife:

Mine would expect it. LOL! I'm known to put random items on just to get a laugh from him :)

Ya know, I "bet" these are easy to make...wink

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN