Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

So I know its a little ways off, but what are you going to do for Memorial day this year?

Its actually my anniversary this year LOL so I want to go down to the beach for the day. Hubby is a little adverse to it though since its always insane, especially if its nice out. But I still really want to go since we can spend it all together for a change.

What about you ladies? Have you started thinking about it yet?

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Replies (51-60):
HTMommy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:56 AM

My middle turns 7 in august :-)

Quoting MommaTAF:

I will thanks! She turns 7 next week! 

Quoting HTMommy:

Thats so exciting! Have fun and Thank you! Wish her good luck! How old is she?

Quoting MommaTAF:

We have birthdays and usually a cookout but this year is my DD's 1st ballet recital, her 1st year doing ballet and the recital is that weekend. looking forward to it :)

Happy Anniversary!

HTMommy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Anything special you like to cook?

Quoting hopealways4019:

Me & my children cooking out.

HTMommy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:57 AM

That sounds like tons of fun! I love having sleepovers with good friends!

Quoting Rach0307:

Every Memorial Day, my apartment building has a pool-opening party (well, the day before), then we go to my friends' place for a few drinks and a bonfire, stay over, and have a cookout on the day of. Always a good time :)

HTMommy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM

End of the month last monday in may this year

Quoting tinysmom160:

When is Memorial Day??? Not sure what we are doing.....

HTMommy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:59 AM

She's full time, she's a bakery manager so she has to deal with it all the time. Its a big headache

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting HTMommy:

I thought that was standard practice? Maybe its only under certain circumstances. I know my mil who works for acme has alot of loopholes for time and a half :-(

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting HTMommy:

Gonna have a bbq when you get home? Is it Time and a half at least?

Quoting LoriAnn87:

probley working

laughingi wish i get paid time and half but i don't. probley not because i probley will have to close that day.

is she part time or full time because i know the fuller timer get more then the parter times do

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Just the usual, hamburger, hotdogs, maybe kielbasa, ribs.

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting hopealways4019:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTMommy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

oh my goodness I haven't had bbq ribs in a long time!

Quoting hopealways4019:

Just the usual, hamburger, hotdogs, maybe kielbasa, ribs.

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting hopealways4019:

LoriAnn87
by Lori on May. 1, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Quoting HTMommy:

She's full time, she's a bakery manager so she has to deal with it all the time. Its a big headache

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting HTMommy:

I thought that was standard practice? Maybe its only under certain circumstances. I know my mil who works for acme has alot of loopholes for time and a half :-(

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting LoriAnn87:

probley working

laughingi wish i get paid time and half but i don't. probley not because i probley will have to close that day.

is she part time or full time because i know the fuller timer get more then the parter times do

that's why she gets the paid time a half on hoildays part time don't really get much.

HTMommy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I know, but theres a bunch of loopholes too. Its something about how many hours you worked during what that pay period will bee. She explained it once to me. Its some crap about if the hours with time and a half turn out to be over the full time hour cut off they don't get it, but if its part time and only a few hours they'll get time and a half but only if they are scheduled for X-amount of hours. Its was so confusing and stupidly a** backwards its not funny. Its everything they can do to not pay people. smh

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting LoriAnn87:

probley working

that's why she gets the paid time a half on hoildays part time don't really get much.

aMarieT
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Memorial Day is supposed to be a day of mourning and remembrance.

That is why the flag is flown at half staff from dawn til noon (mourning) then from noon to dusk it's at full staff (remembrance).

We will be flying our flag and putting flags on veterans graves at the local cemetery

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)