Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well are you.....

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:44 AM
  • 17 Replies

a Hot Head?  When life does not go your way and things don't turn out as planned! Do you have a Hissy Fit and lose it? Ya know Yelling, Screaming, Swearing that kinda thing? Blood Pressure hitting an all time high! I think when I was younger I must admit I was a Hot Head. These days I have mellowed out some don't get me wrong I can get mad but I try not to get that worked up and upset over things I can't control. What is your temper like these days?

devilangrytoddler tantrumarguing 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I can be.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I used to be. It has a lot to do with me being bipolar. However, since I became medicated, it is rare that I get that upset.

CoolMommyofboys
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I wish I wasn't but sometimes I am with the boys  :(         it's mainly at bedtime- by that time I'm so exhausted- I just want them to go to bed but they always seem to make the biggest mess when brushing their teeth and they are slow about putting their pj's on

snuggiewoogie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Quoting CoolMommyofboys:

I wish I wasn't but sometimes I am with the boys  :(         it's mainly at bedtime- by that time I'm so exhausted- I just want them to go to bed but they always seem to make the biggest mess when brushing their teeth and they are slow about putting their pj's on

I know what you mean by the time the end of the day hits all I wanna do is go right to dreamland. It can be frustrating when they don't wanna get ready for bed! Ugh......

Ednarooni160
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM

It takes a LOT to make me sizzle..and if I try and communicate with you (whoever) even when it gets testy..it's usually because I care enough "about" whatever and/or you (whoever you are) to salvage whatever in a conversation, debate, and/or family/friend situation.. When I get to the point where I don't want to try and  salvage what I think is unsalvageable or a waste of time and space I usually remove myself from that situation and/or person (s)...  I have flown with a few choice words in the past..and I don't usually do that..that  would also takes a lot.

CoeyG
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Naww although some on here seem to think I am.  I'm really not.  I find it amusing when someone will tell me to "chill" because I don't take much of this seriously.  And just because I don't share the same opinions as everyone else doesn't mean I'm angry.  The reason I bold some words in my conversations is because so many want to read between the lines or make up their own verisions of what I mean and what I mean is what I have in bold.  

mhmomma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I can be. It all depends on the day and how the wind blows. LOL I'm working on it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

Naww although some on here seem to think I am.  I'm really not.  I find it amusing when someone will tell me to "chill" because I don't take much of this seriously.  And just because I don't share the same opinions as everyone else doesn't mean I'm angry.  The reason I bold some words in my conversations is because so many want to read between the lines or make up their own verisions of what I mean and what I mean is what I have in bold.  

I don't think your a Hot Head or Angry. Some of these Momma's can be Monster's..... Not so much here but in other groups at times. Your pretty cool Coey! I think your a good buddy and have given me some good advice at times! Thanks :)

MrsImperfect
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM
I get like that sometimes. Mostly when I'm pmsing everything gets to me and I snap easily. And sometimes at the end of the day when I have to repeat myself a ton of times and I'm the only one cleaning up and getting things done I lose my temper. Otherwise I'm ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I did more than half of my life as a kid and twice as much as a teen and had trouble as a young adult too. It really bothered me that I had such a temper at the time and sometimes I would be yelling and I would be thinking in my head while I was yelling "YVONNE SHUT THE HELL UP you are overreacting and sound like a bitch!" and I still couldnt stop I felt out of control with it.

Finally I got diagnosed with bipolar disorder (manic depression) and once I found the right balance of meds for me to balance out my body chemistry now I can happily say I AM NO LONGER A HOT HEAD AT ALL! I handle situations like that usually very calmly and in control of my own emotions instead of them being in control of me. It makes me sad that I couldnt have been that way my whole life.

Once in a very rare while I will flip my lid and rip someone up one side and down the other and leave them speechless but that is rare now and usually only if someone attacks a loved one especially my kids or husband in some way. Or if I see or hear of others hurting someone like bullying or being prejudice that really really pisses me off.  Then God help us all. lol

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)