Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Q?s about VBAC

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:59 AM
  • 10 Replies

ok i had to be cut on  the first pregancy becouse my lil one tried to come out feet first but now 3 years later now that im pregos again and my lil one is now 4 i wanna try to have the baby via vage lol so i was wondering if  i should or not and what are the dangers if any of doing soo id realy like to try to have the birthing ep that all the other moms git to have i mean it both looks and sounds very painfull but id still like to beable to say i did it ya know to say that i had that xp and allso i was wondering about the birthing tub and how that works id was thinking id kinda like to try that it looksd like it might be easyer on me for a first time birthing xp any thoughts?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I've only delivered vaginally, so I really can't say personally. 

However, I do know that it is totally possible. The recovery time for a vaginal birth is so much quicker. I would talk to your doctor and see if it is a good option for you. 

ladyeve1984
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:31 PM

thank you so much  for your info did it  hert realy bad?

HTMommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok HERE is the BIGGEST threat to vbacing.......IF your scarring is in a less ideal area or not strong you can rip it right back open. Normally they try to have vbacing moms do so after a certain period of time the risk is greater the shorter amount of time, BUT it also increases the longer you wait between kids because the scar tissue keeps accumulating.

I have had 3 c-sections, I desperately want to vbac, but its not in my cards.

If you want to vbac, you need to talk to your ob/gyn or interview them until you find one that will let you do what you want, BUT you HAVE to keep in mind that in any situation of what you do, be prepared that you might have another c-section if needed.

CoolMommyofboys
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

first, I think you'll have to find a DR that is willing to let you try a VBAC (not all of them are) and then you'll have to find a hospital with a tub

would you consider a midwife at a birthing center?  if there is one in your area, I'd talk to them and see if they will accept you as a patient?  I don't know if they would or not?  it would have to be a birthing center close to a hospital though for just in case

I  had both of my boys in a tub...it was great laboring in the tub- I felt more relaxed.

RADmomma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I am meeting with my DR on Monday and plan to ask about vbacs as well. I know the hospital is pro vbac so I am hoping my DR is as well.

HTMommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

in most cases only a birthing center associated with doctors or a hospital will take on the risk of a vbac because they are not trained to do c-sections and such in an emergency

Quoting CoolMommyofboys:

first, I think you'll have to find a DR that is willing to let you try a VBAC (not all of them are) and then you'll have to find a hospital with a tub

would you consider a midwife at a birthing center?  if there is one in your area, I'd talk to them and see if they will accept you as a patient?  I don't know if they would or not?  it would have to be a birthing center close to a hospital though for just in case

I  had both of my boys in a tub...it was great laboring in the tub- I felt more relaxed.

micheledo
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Check out I-CAN, they have tons of info on VBAC's and is an informative site.  I know MANY women who have had successful VBAC's.  It is completely possible.  Your risk of complications (like uterine rupture) does go up, but if I remember correctly it is by only 1 or 2%.  So not significantly. 

Your best chance of a successful VBAC is to refuse induction.  That makes your chances for complications go up more.

I don't have a lot of personal knowledge, but like I said, I have friends who have done it and have also read a lot.  Be sure and check out the website!!

My completely drug free births were actually my easiest and least painful.  I labored mostly at home - so no one was bothering me, monitoring me, having me move to a different position, etc.  It was SO much easier.

mhmomma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I had two. Sections. I had no desire for a vbac. My docs don't even lik doing them. In fact they were confirming my delivery method and said oh good. There was a mom that insisted on a vbac. She was delivering that day. Her uterus tore and the other doc was trying to save her. I know there are risk in everything. Childbirth is a risk but I don't need to add to the complications personally. I tried for hours to have my dd vaginally. It wasn't in the cards. She was two weeks early almost 9 lbs and sunny side up. The most important thing is for a healthy an safe delivery. Just my opinion. Do your research well. Talk to your doc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyeve1984
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:51 PM

thank you all so much  im glad so many of you got back to me with some realy good info as i said befor i didnt have to have a c-cection becouse there was something wrong with me or the baby its just she tried to come out feet first lol so i am hopeing i might  beable to have a normal birth but thanks i plan on asking the doc next time i see him if its possable

LivinDeadGurl
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ladyeve1984:

thank you so much  for your info did it  hert realy bad?

It wasn't that bad at all. The contractions were the worst of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)