Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

I WAS SHOCKED AND WANTED OTHER PARENTS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS!

I went to a dinner and heard Carol Everett speak. I was astonished. She was once (Owner) Director of a Planned Parenthood in Dallas Fort Worth. Her background: She personally had an abortion. She told us how girls would call and they would get basically a telemarketer with a script. Carol told us to call a clinic and say this and their response would be this. I tried it and it was.

(The most astonishing info she said was the clinic will give out a low dose pill, so eventually the girl will have to come back and have an abortion because the pill given did not work.

Carol also said that abortions cost anywhere from $300 to $1500 around the country. She said at her clinic, the doctors would go from one room to another and only change their gloves. They had complications with abortions and would call an ambulance to take the girls to a hospital that would cover for them. The clinic had an incident where the girl had a complication and died. They got her out of the clinic before she died. So, they can still advertise they have good, safety practices.

Doing more research on this I found out Planned Parenthood is supposed to be a non-profit agency. However, the taxpayer in 2008-2009 paid them 363.2 million dollars! Their profit for 2008-2009: 63.4 million Wow! I wish I had profits like that. Their profit for 2007-2008: 85 million.

Moms I would like to caution you about taking your daughter to get birth control pills here! I am not trying to make this a pro-choice or pro-life post. I want you to protect your daughters! Do your own research on Carol Everett. If you have the chance to hear her speak, go! She was a very informative speaker.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Replies (21-29):
VintageWife
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Barronbaby
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:16 PM

planned parenthood covers so much more than abortions.

CoeyG
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Quoting Barronbaby:

Yes it does, free mammograms for low income women over 50, birth control, sex education, some have pediatric facilities, information on social services

Barronbaby
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM

its a wonderful program too... without it many women wouldnt get the care or checkups need to ensure health

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting Barronbaby:

Yes it does, free mammograms for low income women over 50, birth control, sex education, some have pediatric facilities, information on social services

CoeyG
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Quoting Barronbaby:

its a wonderful program too... without it many women wouldnt get the care or checkups need to ensure health

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting Barronbaby:

So true, in fact I just recently had my free mammogram.  Thank you Planned Parenthood

Browncoat4eva
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Quoting blessingsofmany:

I am not saying any of this myself.  These are quotes from Carol who worked for the actual company.  This is what Carol wittnessed personally.  You may have done your research, but she actually worked there. She was a VP not a little peon in the company.  She also said she received a cut.  She told us she was on the track to make a million dollars. 

Also, as far as the comment about drs. - Carol said the doctors would take off their gloves and go to the next room and put new gloves on, then take off gloves and go back across the hall and do another surgery.  Actual surgical doctors scrub everytime before a surgery, not just change gloves.

The ones of you thinking this is BS... Think about it.  She can't be going around saying these things if they weren't true.  The clinic in Dallas-Ft. Worth would be sueing her for slander.  I know it makes me think twice. I am just passing this on, if you don't agree that's just fine.  Don't shoot the messenger!

Why do you think she can't say things that aren't true? People do all the time.

This is a person who has had a conversion experience and is now on the complete opposite side of the fence. Every practice she once defended with such enthusaism, she now opposes. If you know much about the art of debate, it's so easy to put a spin on things without actually lying.

For example, Dr's go from room to room, changing their gloves-- yeah, that's pretty common in any medical building no matter what type of medicine they practice.

To say they're earning a profit is misleading-- a non-profit organization means that- other than those who draw salary- no one is profiting from the success of the organization. That doesn't mean they can't end up taking more funds than they need-- that's how charitable and non-profit organizations grow and thrive.

For example, if a church food pantry needs 20K per year to achieve their mission, but an anonymous doner donates 50K, that doesn't mean someone is profiting 30K; it means the organization has an additional 30K to work with in the coming years, they'll probably be able to expand their capabilities with that.

Frankly from what I've read about Everett, she's just a very extremist person; she picks a side, then goes all out as an activist. You have to be careful whenever listening to a person like this, and take what they say with a grain of salt. They represent a very biased viewpoint (just as she once did when advocating for the other side).

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

Kalic0
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I call shananigins.  I used planned parenthood for almost 8 years while I was single and had a job where my employer did not provide an insurence option. I got my annual medical exams and pap smears as well as birth control there.  As at least one other woman stated, the clinics where always clean (and I went to more then one as I changed residences more then once during this period).  The one that serviced one of the worst neighborhoods in the city I lived in was actually the most considerate of the patients.  Though I never needed abortion services, their protocols for the other services they provided were comparable to what I have recieved in private clinics and hospitals since then.  I find it hard to believe that they would not follow the medically required procedures for hygine that are well-known staples EVERYWHERE  in the US!

greenmachine47
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I have never used Pp what you described sounds like a slaughter house. There should be other alternatives to get birth control in each state but maybe not. In my sytate there are ob/gyns that go by your income and the hospitals here offer free mammo and paps in the month of April for anyone who needs it. My feriend lives in Ill idk where she called but or gotten the info but she was sent a vouchure for a free mamo. 

TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I hope that isnt true!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN