Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good gift/Bad gift

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

Speaking of Mother's Day gifts and stuff, tell us about your hubby (or ex). What is the best gift he ever got you? What is the one time he really let the ball drop and got you something baaaaaad?

And no saying kids as your best gift ever! Too corny :P

by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barronbaby
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:13 PM
He's never gotten anything bad... prob because he gets what I ask for everytime! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Well since I can't say Shannon LOL...He, and Shannon got me a locket pendant with Shannon's photo and the inscription read "#1 Mom"

The worst was a Mum plant that he planted in his mother's yard because we were staying there for the summer!  MY gift in his mother's yard! Not fair

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I always get a check for everything! lol....

Browncoat4eva
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:41 AM

We don't really do big gifts at our house.

One mother's day I got a gold pentacle necklace, which was really thoughtful. They're hard to find, usually Pagan jewelry is made of metals that irritate my skin so I never bothered to get any. He had to really go searching for it.

But usually I get things like cooking or art supplies, which I love.

The worst gift was he got me a book... but it was not a book I wanted, it was one he wanted to read. I thanked him and thought I'd exchange it for one I wanted, but he had already started reading it so I was like stuck with it. But it wasn't a big deal really.

Ednarooni160
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:55 AM

My best gift was a tree that bloomed the "best" color (my favorite shade of pink).. Sadly to add on to the house we had to dig it up and it was at the season that it could not be transplanted..(sigh)..that was the worst part..

IhaveHisjoy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:40 AM
When I was pregnant with my dd, my dh bought me a shirt with care bears on it..I've never liked care bears!! It was UGLY!!! I don't know what he was thinking...nothing like that has ever happened again!
CoolMommyofboys
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:33 AM

my first Mothers day, I wanted some diamond earings...I didn't realize how expensive they were til then.  He didnt get me any which is fine cuz they are so much but on the way to church that morning, we stopped at Walmart and I ran in and got some fake ones     LOL        I don't know whos idea that was but looking back, that is kind of corny...made him look real good though cuz no one knew I ran in and got them and no one knew they were fake

we don't really give each other mothers/fathers day gifts...we needed a washer, dryer and vacuum a couple of years ago- it just happend to be around Mothers day that we got them  LOL         oh and he did get me a Dyson  :)

isaboo22
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Well, Mother's Day and holidays like that are really hard for us. I have to remind hubby and give him ideas. Then time cuts close, as he is a last minute shopper, and we don't have money, so I end up getting a card or soemthing. Mostly on Mother's Day, he works too. So what he does when he gets home, is just caters to me. gets me drinks, cleans the house, deals with everything that has to do with the kids. Although its nice, I hate it because I know its his way of getting out of the "bad hubby didn't think ahead".

I have been hinting since last year that I wanted my Mother's Ring. This year I mentioned it again and told him he needed to do it early. Well he did it......but I still have to print out ideas for him of what I wanted, and write down all the details. then he told me he was going to get it, then came home and showed me the recipet - UGH. So, great I am geting my ring, but I know what it looks like now. HA HA

LucyHarper
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I dont believe in bad gifts, if someone took the time to get you a gift, then its a good gift no matter what it is. Best gift I ever got was a puzzle box necklace, its a little wooden necklace that you have to twist in a certain way to get it open, like a puzzle box, and inside is a picture of the kids. He made it with a friend that does wood crafting. Mothers day is a low expense holiday for us, we keep it at home made gifts.

LoriAnn87
by Lori on May. 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I have never gotten any bad gifts from my husband he always has done a great job getting me something special.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)