Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Advice pls for a friend

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM
  • 4 Replies
I have a friend that lives in Nj new jursey. She has an aparment thats in her and kids name only. Ok heres where she needs advice. She has her baby dady living with her but hes abisvie and controlllin and she wants him out but she has tried every thing even cops. He wont live and she cant tell the manager ethire cuse she will lose her aparment. Any ideas pls and thank you
CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CoeyG
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:03 PM

The only ways he can stay there is because she won't have him removed.  I'm guessing she is section 8 and is defrauding the government by having him live there which is why she will lose the apartment...there is no advice, either she puts up with baby daddy or she gets in trouble for fraud could go to jail even, she will lose the apartment and might have to pay all the rent that was paid in her name by the taxpayers back.  She chose to put herself into this prediciament.  

Browncoat4eva
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:18 AM

That is a tough situation; but whatever mistakes your friend has made that has landed her in an illegal living situation, she's going to have to put safety first. Her safety, the kids safety... if the abuse gets worse she's probably going to end up losing it anyway, because eventually neighbors will start calling the cops-- or worse, they wont call, and it will be too late. 

It isn't going to be easy but she's going to have to make some serious plans and efforts if she ever wants to get out of her situation-- get a job, or 2; find shelters, food pantries, non-profit organizations for battered women, etc., to help her get on her feet. Find an apartment she can rent legally so she has a leg to stand on.

Basically she's got to realize that she can get out of this situation if she wants to, and people will help her, but no one is going to be able to do it for her. She can reach out to find help, but ultimately she's the one that's going to have to begin making better choices and focusing on a goal, and start taking steps toward it.

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 2, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Good luck to your friend (and welcome to the group).

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Tell your friend to go to court, to have him removed, she needs pfa papers, or a restraining order. Her safety and kids, are more important, than losing apartment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN