Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dog grooming

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM
  • 13 Replies

i give my dog her haircuts myself , shave and trim , do you or take your dog to have it done ?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoolMommyofboys
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:14 AM
My DH trims her nails

She is a beagle/lab so she doesnt need to go to the groomer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I do everything for him he is only a 6 pound Chihuahua. Very easy to maintain him :)

CoeyG
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I bathe my dogs and trim Sophies ears and tail myself.  Phoebe doesn't need trimming and I take them both to have their nails trimmed.

VintageWife
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Wish you lived closer. My dog needs done but I hate that they charge for the grooming :(

Barronbaby
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I do my own dog grooming!

tinysmom160
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Well I have two schwarzer's and they go to the groomers I use to do it but my daughter dog is mean so I decide to pay the 40 dollars each. Because the lady is good and does the nails and bath and everything. In the summer it is about every 6 weeks winter I let them grow out some.

Browncoat4eva
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:13 PM

The only thing that needs trimming on Ben is his nails, and I do that. He really belongs to my son, who is 13, so he does the bathing and whatever else the dog needs.

letstalk747
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:42 PM

i know its $40-45 here

Quoting VintageWife:

Wish you lived closer. My dog needs done but I hate that they charge for the grooming :(

LucyHarper
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:46 PM

We just take clippers and shave them down if their fur is too long in the summer.

suetoo
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:57 AM
I take them to groomer every 6 months. I give them baths in sink every 2-3 wks as needed. I try to trim and clip, but both are poodle/shitzu mutts. And they end up looking like they got caught in a blender. If I try to even show the nail clippers to them, they scream hysterically and they have never been hurt. If our groomer shows them the nail clippers, they smile and hold their paw up for her!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)