Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

I'm looking at the "TAN ADDICTED" mom to the right of the screen...

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:39 AM
  • 33 Replies

Is it just me or does that that lady look AWFUL?!?!? Does she really think that makes her look good?

I'm the tan queen...but we arent far from the beach and Im outside all the time when the weather is nice. I like a glow ...but not that color on that lady!LOL  I also wont go into tanning beds!

What do you think of tanning? Do you think or know of anyone that takes it too far?

sun

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3dragonflies
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I like to have color just like anyone else but i know my limits.   I like you don't go into tanning beds.  I was just talking to a friend the other day who does tan and she actually caught a staph infection from the taning beds.....I'm way all set with that!  I think it is an addiction for some people, but hey who am I, I'm not one to judge.  I can think of better things to spend my money on. 

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Yes, I used to work at atanning salon! There were some people that would come in and really over do it and they would continually go everyday. It 'snot that she looks so bad it's the fact what is she doing to her body. Isn't she worried she's gonna get skin cancer. Too much is always as bad as not enough that's kinda the way I see this. Scary!

offrdngal
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:56 AM

I don't tan...I don't like to be out in the sun for long and I sure as hell won't ever use a tanning bed.

There was a lady who worked at the grocery store, in my hometown, who died a few years ago, from skin cancer.  The effects of too much tanning...her skin looked just like the lady's in the picture.  It looked terrible.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:58 AM
I only tan outside.... I have always hated the fake and bakes...i refuse to use them.......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:02 AM

She looks freakin' awful. I can't believe it's real.

offrdngal
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:04 AM

In one of the articles that I read, her husband said that she also puts on fake tanning lotion to make her skin darker, even with using the tanning bed.

Quoting VintageWife:

She looks freakin' awful. I can't believe it's real.

VintageWife
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Yes, I used to work at atanning salon! There were some people that would come in and really over do it and they would continually go everyday. It 'snot that she looks so bad it's the fact what is she doing to her body. Isn't she worried she's gonna get skin cancer. Too much is always as bad as not enough that's kinda the way I see this. Scary!

Yes she does! Bless her heart, she looks like she's made from some weird alien material and appears to be 30+ yrs older than she is :/

Thelmama
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:09 AM

She is my age, or near abouts, I am 44. She looks ANCIENT.  I don't know, please don't laugh with this question.  But the end of her nose is really, brown.  Can it, uhhh fall off, if she tans too much. I know if you bake a turkey to long the cartilage parts will fall off.  Sorry, didn't know how else to ask that question. She has to have some mental issues for her to think that is beautiful. Or perhaps she is addicted to tanning somehow.  Something is off that is for sure. No one tans that much for normal reasons.

Thelmama
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:12 AM

She said to a reporter that she has critics because there is someone out there that is jealous and fat and ugly and doesn't like her.  Really, lady?  This is all of America that is saying you tan too much.  Maybe if she'd listen she could save her life, because she is skin cancer, severe skin cancer waiting to happen.

momamanda
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I think the tanning salon she tell her she is not allowed to tan there. It's kind of like someone in a bar who has had to much to drink and the bartener says "No more". The tanning salon should say "You've had to much no more" JMO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)