Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

How would you feel?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM
  • 60 Replies

How would you feel if you made things and your family mocked you for making them but show off your niece/nephew proudly like its the cutest thing ever wearing something almost identical to what you make, that was made by someone else?

Personally I would feel slapped in the face and kinda of sad to call them family...

How about you and why?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

i would ignore them , and keep making things

HTMommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM

That sounds like a good plan!

Quoting letstalk747:

i would ignore them , and keep making things

IhaveHisjoy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I think its sad that family would treat each other that way..I really don't care what other ppl think. Id ignore it.
HTMommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Thank you for your input. I tend to agree....but it IS hard to ignore family more often than not.

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

I think its sad that family would treat each other that way..I really don't care what other ppl think. Id ignore it.

LoriAnn87
by Lori on May. 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I really don't talk to my family at all because they have other things going on in there lives and if they did this to me I would just inroge them.

HTMommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Thanks....I think thats what will happen...

Quoting LoriAnn87:

I really don't talk to my family at all because they have other things going on in there lives and if they did this to me I would just inroge them.

louzannalady
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I have learned to not take life or my family too seriously! Otherwise- I would lose my ever lovin' mind! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Ednarooni160
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, I would probably concentrate on doing things "making" things for the people who I cared about..whether their immediate family  (my family) dissed on it or not..  I would also probably stop making things for the specific people that openly dissed it.. In other words I would prioritize who should receive and/or not receive something from my "heart". If you love making something for a niece/nephew but the parents complained..I would still make something for them..the gift is for them, not  the parents..

I don't know who you are talking about, just giving you an example.   If the critisism hurts someone deeply..then perhaps they should stop making things..  It serves no purpose to make something only to feel terrible for doing it at the end and/or to make something from the heart, getting upset "while" you are making it knowing how it will be received.  This is a hard decision because it "is" family.

HTMommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

SERIOUSLY!!! It can get very frustrating huh? 

Maybe thats why my mind is gone ;-)

Quoting louzannalady:

I have learned to not take life or my family too seriously! Otherwise- I would lose my every lovin' mind! 

HTMommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Well said....the last part hit the nail on the head. It is very hard to make things that get critisized by the people who should be the most supportive (in my eyes anyway) Whether the item is crap or not; family, I believe, should be the most supportive, but not "joke" about killing it and giving it to the dogs to rip up then showing off something by someone else.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Well, I would probably concentrate on doing things "making" things for the people who I cared about..whether their immediate family  (my family) dissed on it or not..  I would also probably stop making things for the specific people that openly dissed it.. In other words I would prioritize who should receive and/or not receive something from my "heart". If you love making something for a niece/nephew but the parents complained..I would still make something for them..the gift is for them, not  the parents..

I don't know who you are talking about, just giving you an example.   If the critisism hurts someone deeply..then perhaps they should stop making things..  It serves no purpose to make something only to feel terrible for doing it at the end and/or to make something from the heart, getting upset "while" you are making it knowing how it will be received.  This is a hard decision because it "is" family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)