Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

How would you feel if you made things and your family mocked you for making them but show off your niece/nephew proudly like its the cutest thing ever wearing something almost identical to what you make, that was made by someone else?

Personally I would feel slapped in the face and kinda of sad to call them family...

How about you and why?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Replies (51-60):
HTMommy
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!

Quoting 6kidz6grandkidz:

I think I would have to learn not to take personally people that aren't gentle with my feelings who ever they may be. And be proud of what you made, You don't need anyone else to validate your skills!

HTMommy
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:50 PM

lol I know, I love this reply as well!

Quoting Ladybug.Hugs:

Quoting louzannalady:

I have learned to not take life or my family too seriously! Otherwise- I would lose my ever lovin' mind! 

LOL..this!

HTMommy
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Very true.

Quoting jtjrpsmmy:

Quoting HTMommy:

Thanks...sad isn't it?

Quoting jtjrpsmmy:

I'd ignore them. I've learned to. My family is similar.

Yes, that the people that love you most can be the most hurtful.

HTMommy
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM

This has been suggested before, I am wondering if it might be true. But then with alot of things I do, they can't....not that I'm tooting my horn or anything, but I just don't understand how basic things they can't do, like change a friggin diaper!

Quoting momto3isme:

I would keep making them. Especially if its something you enjoy doing. Maybe they are jealous because they can't make them.

HTMommy
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Thank you. Atleast you have an eye for it, I could never get the right idea with scrapbooks LOL I LOVE them though, but just can't make them.

Quoting tinysmom160:

Just be proud of yourself I made scrape books and recipe books for my kids for Christmas and my sister always does to and hers is 3 times better then mind but my kids loved their. So just never mind about other people.

HTMommy
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Thanks

Quoting sakpoints:

Ignore the haters.  Most likely they are jealous that you are able to make extra money with your talents.

HTMommy
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I thought about it, but I don't want to open that can of worms. Because then I am too sensitive to something that is a real issue, but I am taking it out of context, and its all my fault, but then they'll get all upset because I am trying to address something right before the baby is born and blah blah blah....yea thats not the best idea now if ever....thats why i came here with it. If it was anyone else I would have said something but knowing how everything is received by them, no thanks.

Quoting Lindalou907:

Did you tell them your feelings were hurt?

HTMommy
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:59 PM

LOL well you are lucky in that sense then I guess LOL, sorry you don't have contact with family, not sure if thats good or bad in any case. We used to be fine but recently the dynamic has changed for the worse to the point where people talk about them and I leave the room.

Quoting LucyHarper:

The only family I have contact with is my sister and she doesn't do that kind of crap. Plus shes 12 so she doesn't have kids.

tinysmom160
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Sure you can it is easy just glueing pictures

Quoting HTMommy:

Thank you. Atleast you have an eye for it, I could never get the right idea with scrapbooks LOL I LOVE them though, but just can't make them.

Quoting tinysmom160:

Just be proud of yourself I made scrape books and recipe books for my kids for Christmas and my sister always does to and hers is 3 times better then mind but my kids loved their. So just never mind about other people.

HTMommy
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I love the super elaborate ones with the 17 different facets and layers!

Quoting tinysmom160:

Sure you can it is easy just glueing pictures

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting tinysmom160:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)