Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

How would you feel if you made things and your family mocked you for making them but show off your niece/nephew proudly like its the cutest thing ever wearing something almost identical to what you make, that was made by someone else?

Personally I would feel slapped in the face and kinda of sad to call them family...

How about you and why?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Replies (31-40):
HTMommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Its hard not to when its family, but thank you, I take this to heart and keep it in mind. I really don't know why it bothers me so much.

Quoting Shellness:

Don't give them the power to hurt you dear. Its not worth it.

HTMommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I'm trying my damnedest....and its definitely trying! lol

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting Shellness:

Don't give them the power to hurt you dear. Its not worth it.

I agree, keep doing what you do and don't allow them to bring you down.  

HTMommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM

It did, brought me to tears actually

Quoting Charizma77:

Honestly, that would hurt my feelings

HTMommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Thank you, I feel the same as you. They wanted to get the ones I made to give to the dogs as chew toys.

Quoting Browncoat4eva:

That sounds kinda harsh; I mean, there's joking and good natured ribbing and then there is just putting someone down. This doesn't sound like the good natured ribbing type joking.

I would probably not go to them for their opinions on such things anymore, for starters.

HTMommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Passive agressive as Melissa put it. LOL couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

I agree Crystal! some people have no class and are just plain insensitive...dont let that stop your creativity!!!

Quoting letstalk747:

i would ignore them , and keep making things

HTMommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Oh it sells, pretty well too. Thank you, I'm thinking thats a good idea also.

Quoting Eve-marie:

Keep making your stuff, sell it if you want, and ignore the haters. I also would not offer them anything I made ever again.

HTMommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:28 PM

lol Thats the kicker, I have sold to cafemoms, I have sold to an entire cub scout troup for their halloween parade, I have waves where no one is interested and then I can't keep up LOL but its just irritating ya know?

Quoting greenmachine47:

Never make anything for them again ignor it and keep making stuff. Maybe you can sell your crafts on Etsy then laugh at the family members when you make money off what you makle.

HTMommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Thank you I'm sorry too....I have officially given up trying, I'm so drained from it all and tired of trying to make them happy, screw it, me and mine need to be happy too without bending over backwards for everyone else esp when its obviously not appreciated anyway. Tired of the "lovey dovey big happy family" to my face then "back stabbing passive aggresive sh*t talking" behind out backs.

Quoting atyou:

hurt. angry. confused.

sorry your family is unsupportive. =(

TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I feel like that descibes every woman in both our families. I just cant stand being around them knowing they all talk behind your back and then say totally ignorant things to your face. In fact, Im about to go have dinner with some of them...yippee! Thats why I say the day I get to move out of NJ will be one of the happiest of my life!

Quoting HTMommy:

Thank you I'm sorry too....I have officially given up trying, I'm so drained from it all and tired of trying to make them happy, screw it, me and mine need to be happy too without bending over backwards for everyone else esp when its obviously not appreciated anyway. Tired of the "lovey dovey big happy family" to my face then "back stabbing passive aggresive sh*t talking" behind out backs.

Quoting atyou:

hurt. angry. confused.

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

HTMommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM

As long as you have a beach nearby you will be happy with wherever you go! You better take me with you!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

I feel like that descibes every woman in both our families. I just cant stand being around them knowing they all talk behind your back and then say totally ignorant things to your face. In fact, Im about to go have dinner with some of them...yippee! Thats why I say the day I get to move out of NJ will be one of the happiest of my life!

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting atyou:

hurt. angry. confused.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)