Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Do you send your kids away for the summer?

Posted by   + Show Post

I didn't know how common this was until recently and wondering if it's just a coincidence. I've talked to 4 moms recently who are sending thier kids to thier grandparents for the summer.  ages of the kids range from 10 months to 8 years old. This just seems odd to me! Does anyone do this?

Mom of maddie 8, Jonny 6, katie 4
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
shavonk
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM
My DD goes to visit my father in Georgia the first two weeks of July. It's great for her, she gets to see the family on his side & my step mom's family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 4, 2012 at 10:32 PM
No, I never will
Charli627
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Kinda...they go to their dads
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamagoogins
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I have friends who do the same thing but I have never done this.  I miss them when they go to football camp or music camp for a week.  I can't imagine not seeing them or being part of their life for an entire summer. 

Hectictracy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:20 PM
I don't. I'm lost when they just go to school. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emandab
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Um no.... but if anyone's volunteering??? lol

offrdngal
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I hear that!! I'd love it if my stepkids would go away for the summer...hell...a weekend would be nice.

Quoting emandab:

Um no.... but if anyone's volunteering??? lol

VintageWife
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:30 PM

We don't do that.

MonkeysGrammy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM

My boys are now 20, 18 and 14. I never sent them away to camp, family or anywhere else. I started the end of school countdown before they did. When they were small I worked retail (never a set schedule) so our time together was always filled with homework and crap. I love long summer days with no schedule, but we could just pick and go anywhere at a moments notice. Great memories...but now if the younger 2 (oldest has moved out) asked to go somewhere now I would have no problems with it.

My World...My Life...My Boyz..

Bonez 8/3/91           Big Bear 4/13/94       Stinky 9/26/97giving dad card                bear with heart             ninja         (MonkeysDaddy)

CoeyG
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Yeah when Shannon was in high school and we moved to California she would go to her dad's for a month in the summer.  That's because she couldn't go see him every other weekend since he lived in New York 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)