Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you send your kids away for the summer?

Posted by   + Show Post

I didn't know how common this was until recently and wondering if it's just a coincidence. I've talked to 4 moms recently who are sending thier kids to thier grandparents for the summer.  ages of the kids range from 10 months to 8 years old. This just seems odd to me! Does anyone do this?

Mom of maddie 8, Jonny 6, katie 4
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Replies (21-30):
Maisy08
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Me never I find it crazy.
CoeyG
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Quoting Maisy08:

Me never I find it crazy.

So kids who's parents are divorced living on sepearate coasts don't get to see one of their parents?  Why not?

boysrablessing
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM
I send my boys to their dads for 6wks during the summer and my sis and bil are military so my 3older boys switch off every summer and go get some one on one time with them for 2wks where ever they are. My youngest twin went to cali last summer the other twin went to cali the yr before and my oldest gets to go to IN to see their dad then FL to see his aunt and uncle. It kills me when they are gone I cry the whole time but boy do they LOVE it. They call me 20x a day telling me all the cool stuff they are getting to do which is awesome bc supporting 4kids makes it harder on me to pack up leave state and go to amusement parks and what not. I think it has actually helped them alot even tho it kills me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindilouwho82
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM
My daughter spends about four weeks out of the summer with Grandparents. The time is spread out over the course of the three months she is off. She loves it and so do I! The break is good for all relationships involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM

never , its odd to me too

momma4AJ
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:14 AM

i use to spend a lot of summers in west virgina with my grandma, we live in arizona, and almost everytime i came home we had moved into a new place... it was very weird...

TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:40 AM

One set of grandparents is literally in my backyard, and they SUCK so no Summer camp there. My mom is only 10  minutes away and she doesnt do that either. I really lucked out on the grandparent thing, apparently !LOL!

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

betsystipo
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:03 AM

When my boys are older I'd really like to send them to overnight camp in the summer - but only for a week or two.

mhmomma
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:31 AM
No I don't. Kids and I have fun in the summer. It flies by
LoriAnn87
by Lori on May. 5, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Nope don't send my son away for the summer. The only thing he does is go to the summer program for his school for speech but that's only for couple of weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)