Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Does anyone else seem to get overly stressed by things?-PIOG

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:49 AM
  • 29 Replies

it seems like I just can't get my mind to relax, I've tried everything, using DBT skills, hot baths, reading, being on cm, sewing, doing crafts but I seem to be tightly wound. If this continues I fear that I am going to give myself some kind of heart attack or have some kind of nervous breakdown! Even at night I have trouble winding down although I've tried just about everything and sleep meds don't seem to work for me. Any advice would be great, bc right now I feel like I am going out of my mind!

by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Have you spoken with your doctor about it?

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Aww, I think we all get like this sometimes! Hope you get it sorted out. Just take a deep breath and relax :)

nybor48
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Everyday....  especially when I have something coming up..but mostly it's about my grandkids.  my daughter is 25 has 3 kids and daddy is not living anywhere near here, so he is not able/willing to help.  plus she's working full time and going to school.  so my husband and I have the kids all the time...    I really can't seem to shut my mind off.  I wake up at 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am...  it drives me batty...

CoeyG
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Quoting dizzy77702:

it seems like I just can't get my mind to relax, I've tried everything, using DBT skills, hot baths, reading, being on cm, sewing, doing crafts but I seem to be tightly wound. If this continues I fear that I am going to give myself some kind of heart attack or have some kind of nervous breakdown! Even at night I have trouble winding down although I've tried just about everything and sleep meds don't seem to work for me. Any advice would be great, bc right now I feel like I am going out of my mind!

There's your problem right there in red.  You need to see a therapist to learn why you are having these feelings, and o learn how to release them. 

dizzy77702
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I do see a therapist not that it's any of your business and right now I am doing the best I can so if you want to pass judgement, pass it on yourself.

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting dizzy77702:

There's your problem right there in red.  You need to see a therapist to learn why you are having these feelings, and o learn how to release them. 

bhow
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM

trileptal

dizzy77702
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I saw my doctor yesterday and he isn't too keen on sleep meds bc of some of the side effects.  I am going to try and take my night meds about an hour or so before I go to bed and see if that helps relax me more, plus I am excersizing more, taking walks with my dog, so hopefully that will help.

Quoting bhow:

trileptal

krazykiddles
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I notice when I overschedule myself and don't take a break things spiral into a stress attack.  Panic attacks occur when I ignore my stress attacks.  Take time for you and see a doctor! I hope you get better soon!

dizzy77702
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM

thanks, he upped my wellbutrin so hopefully that helps regulate me more,  I think I just have to find the right dosage of the meds that are currently working for me.

Quoting krazykiddles:

I notice when I overschedule myself and don't take a break things spiral into a stress attack.  Panic attacks occur when I ignore my stress attacks.  Take time for you and see a doctor! I hope you get better soon!

krazykiddles
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't medicate, I just really have to watch my stress levels.  Finding the right dosage seems to be the difficult time that most people have when it comes to those kinds of medications.  Keep us updated and let us know how you are feeling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)