Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Kid(s) sleeping in cars....

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM
  • 20 Replies

So, I was reading Cafemom's confessions area, and I saw something about a woman letting their kids sleep in the car.

Do you or don't you?

If my kids fall asleep in the car, I pull the car into the garage and let them sleep, with the windows rolled down and the outside door closed. I leave the inside door open, so I can hear if anyone wakes up.

*Edit* 99% of the time, my kids will wake up if I try to take them out of the car, so I let the sleep. Also, It is highly unusual for us to be out at lunch and nap time, so this doesn't happen very often.

I'm the mom of 4 short people, without a schedule, spanks as a last resort, time-out lover,  positive dicipline user, independant pushing, starts cooking at 4 years, front facing at 1 & 20 lbs, corrects your child if you won't, kid centered, adult scorning kind of mom. I'll parent my children as I see fit, and you better believe wherever I am, mine are better behaved than most.  See something you like or agree with? Hit me up!  I'd love to talk, will help if I can, not afraid to ask for help if I need it,  and I've learned quite a bit over the years. My kids are ages 7 1/2, 6, 4, and 3.  Let's talk!!!

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mhmomma
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Nope I carry them in the house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoolMommyofboys
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM

when they were younger and no longer in the carrier type car seat but still RF in the convertible  LOL  if it was cool enough outside, I would leave them...I'd leave the vehicle door open and I'd leave my front door open so that I could see them- because we were no longer moving, they never slept more than fifteen minutes or so

I keep my niece and nephew and would never leave them though

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Nope, I brought her in......

LivinDeadGurl
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I carry them in the house.

1stpreggers
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM
I carry them in my house. My garage doesn't get good ventilation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't pull into the garage if they are asleep. I just sit in the driveway and either rest my eyes too or get on CM mobile.

Browncoat4eva
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I never thought of doing that, to be honest.

But then, when my kids were little, I didn't feel the garage was secure enough. It could be too warm or too hot. I wouldn't want them getting out of the car and wandering around the garage alone-- not the safest place.

I wouldn't say it was automatically wrong; if the garage was secure, comfortable, safe, etc. I don't see the problem.

I like driving and listening to books on tape, so if they fell asleep for a nap or something I'd just take the scenic route home.

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

CoeyG
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:25 PM

If Shannon was asleep by the time I got home from where ever we had been I'd let her sleep in the car.  There weren't very many times though since she quit napping after her first birthday.

bhow
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:04 AM

our garage in not connected to our house, in case one catches fire the other won't burn/explode and we don't have all that exhaust crap floating in our house.  So having said that I would only allow our kids to sleep in the vehicle while I was lugging groceries or what ever into house and then get the kids when done.  I was not treated very well as a child so I was very protective of our kids for too long as my husband says, but I have no regrets and always knew (know) where my kids are. they are 14 and 11 now and the 11 yr old does not leave my sight much except for school, I just can't stand the thought that somebody will hurt them.  I cried reading about the woman and her 3 daughters in Tennessee, I hope they have to shoot the pig that took them 50 times to stop him when they do catch up to him.

mommysplace
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:17 AM

No, I've always carried mine in the house...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN