Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Kid(s) sleeping in cars....

Posted by   + Show Post

So, I was reading Cafemom's confessions area, and I saw something about a woman letting their kids sleep in the car.

Do you or don't you?

If my kids fall asleep in the car, I pull the car into the garage and let them sleep, with the windows rolled down and the outside door closed. I leave the inside door open, so I can hear if anyone wakes up.

*Edit* 99% of the time, my kids will wake up if I try to take them out of the car, so I let the sleep. Also, It is highly unusual for us to be out at lunch and nap time, so this doesn't happen very often.

I'm the mom of 4 short people, without a schedule, spanks as a last resort, time-out lover,  positive dicipline user, independant pushing, starts cooking at 4 years, front facing at 1 & 20 lbs, corrects your child if you won't, kid centered, adult scorning kind of mom. I'll parent my children as I see fit, and you better believe wherever I am, mine are better behaved than most.  See something you like or agree with? Hit me up!  I'd love to talk, will help if I can, not afraid to ask for help if I need it,  and I've learned quite a bit over the years. My kids are ages 7 1/2, 6, 4, and 3.  Let's talk!!!

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
krazykiddles
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Nope! Never leave a child in the car.

mommy2annaliese
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM

No, because that is dangerous, and just plain stupid.

take your kids inside and make them take a nap.

Lindalou907
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I would let them sleep in the car in the garage with doors open so I could hear them.

itsm3
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM

i would just wait in the car with dd

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

CoeyG
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

No, because that is dangerous, and just plain stupid.

take your kids inside and make them take a nap.

An infant napping in the house is in just as much danger as one sleeping in their car seat in the car. 

TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Im too paranoid to do that! Mine wouldnt stay in there!

letstalk747
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:44 PM

nope bring in house

Teenmommeee
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM
My son is two and he will not take a nap at home anymore, but as soon as those eyes in the car seat close, I am all smiles bc that means he won't give me such a hard time later....but I could never leave him in the car without supervision, his dad would kill me if I did. But if your second guessing yourself then....
TheMommaJessie
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:20 AM

my son only stays asleep in the car long enough 4 me to unlock the door and run in to his room to turn is fan on and slip off my shoes then I run back out get him out of the car and go lay him down usually he wakes up but on rare occasions he stays asleep. I live in a very small town and every one knows to look out for my suv when it is in the driveway with the drivers side door open.

lilydoyle
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM

When my youngest dd was betwee 1 and 3 years, the only time she'd take a nap for me (no matter what I did) was in the car. I used to time my errands so she'd eat, then we'd drive home, and she'd fall asleep in the car. My garage is attached, so I'd close the big door, roll down all the windows, leave the inside door open, and just let her sleep. Since she has had, and still has, sleep problems, I will take what I can get. In the summer, I used to put a big fan facing her window.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)