Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Each day is a step closer to feeling like me again...

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today is day 17 that I am smoke free...I've been wanting to quit for over a year. Things are beginning to get easier for me. I must say I didn't understand the physical & psycological pain I would go through when I quit. I decided cold turkey because I was scared to try the patches.

My husband has been my rock & I couldn't have got this far without him:) Along with my herbal teas, chamo & green tea are my main drinks. When I feel too overwhelmed I would take a walk. The fresh air always helps helps clear my head & relax me.

I'm SO  HAPPY with my decision & am proud of myself. I know that I still have A WAYS TO GO, but I'm already feeling so great & free about it! Each day is getting so much easier & I feel that I am closer to feeling like me again...

I just wanted to share my wonderful accomplishment:)

by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snuggiewoogie
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM

You made a great decision. I quit 10 years ago. I had severe Asthma  Attack ended up at the ER. The doctor looked at me and said young lady if you do not stop smoking you are in for some very grave consequnces. It scared me so friggin bad I never smoked again. I just quit cold turkey. I'm glad I did. Good luck to you! You can do it :)

mommysplace
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Oh my how scary that must've been for you! It is so wonderful to hear success stories. Thank you so much for sharing & Thank you for the encouragment:) I'm very excited & already am noticing wonderful changes in me.

bhow
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!!  Hang in there you can make it!!  A friend of mine put the money she would have spent on cigs in a box for a month and at the end of the month counted it...she never smoked again.  She was a 2plus pak a day so she put in the amount of 2.5 paks everyday.

mommysplace
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I have been adding up what I would've spent on ciggs...Not sure what my plans are with it, but I love seeing the $$ signs add up:) It makees me feel good.

Wow your friends success story is amazing! Thank you for sharing  & the support:)

Browncoat4eva
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Awesome for you!

My husband and I quit about 1 1/2 yrs ago... I was more of a social smoker but he was at least a pack per day. Trying to get him to cut down wasn't working so we just gave it up together.

Have to admit... we miss it. We joke about it sometimes. We look at someone smoking on TV with a sign; But it is best.

And it will continue to get easier-- big congrats, it's such a huge accomplishment!

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

VintageWife
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM

you rock bow down way to go clapping woohoo

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mommysplace:

I have been adding up what I would've spent on ciggs...Not sure what my plans are with it, but I love seeing the $$ signs add up:) It makees me feel good.

Wow your friends success story is amazing! Thank you for sharing  & the support:)

You will notice you will start feeling much better. You will have extra money too! Treat yourself to something special say after a couple of months! :)

CoeyG
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Congrat on your progress.  You should feel proud of yourself quitting smoking can be extremely difficult.  I know, I quit several times before the last time 27 years ago.  It does get easier.

mommysplace
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Thank you!

Quoting CoeyG:

Congrat on your progress.  You should feel proud of yourself quitting smoking can be extremely difficult.  I know, I quit several times before the last time 27 years ago.  It does get easier.

HTMommy
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats for making it this far, knowing that you wanted to quit in the first place and getting to that stage was your biggest hurdle. Everything else will fall into place. Its never going to be easy to stop doing something that you have done for however long, but it does get easier to deal with everything. So happy for you! COngrats! way to go

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)