Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Attention all moms with curly hair children-I need your help!!!

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:47 AM
  • 28 Replies

My daughter has ringlets. After she has a bath her hair curls beautifuly (I've been told she looks like Shirley Temple), but once she wakes up she has this 'fro. The thing is, her hair is taking it's time to all come in (my hair and my sisters hair did as well) and she has fine hair as well, so finding products for her hair that doesn't turn her hair disgusting is quite tricky. 

I put about a tablespoon of products into a spray bottle and fill the rest with water, but I want to find a product that I don't have to do that with. So what I'm asking is this: does anyone know of any curly hair products that's made for fine hair???

I don't want to spend tons and tons of money trying to find products that work, so if anyone has any ideas or tips, I would be so thankful.

Thank you. 

by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomRocs1102
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I have curly hair so does ds and dh we all use Herbal Essence totally twisted.  Also use a tiny bit of anti frizz it works actually any shampoo is fine but use a moisturizing conditioner  with anti frizz works wonders for curls :) let me know how it goes

cmabbott
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I like Herbal Essence No More Frizz and then Just a 10 Leave in conditioner.  I also had to make sure that I do not use a blowdryer at all to prevent the huge poofball that will inevitably result.  If I don't have leave in conditioner, I wont rinse all of the conditioner out of my hair and that works okay.  Also, unless you absolutely have to, don't wash it everyday.

TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I always used a bit of anti frizz spray or serum on her hair when it was humid...She still uses the serum today

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

My child has very straight hair. Hope you find a solution though :)

Fairywings1223
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM

My daughter and I have curly hair but its course and we use mousse or just a leave in conditoner

Charli627
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:37 PM
I have two textures in my hair. The ringlets and down to the scalp the "kinky" hair. same with my girls. I wash, deep condition, and use herbal essence split end proctector and "seal" the moisture in with a oil (olive, cocount, avocado,etc) when my or their hair feels dry I spray a homemade moisturizer in our hair. Its green tea, honey, and Rosemary oil to remoisturize our hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Bump, no curly-haired girls in this house :(

nicole1319
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I  have the same issue with my dd we use Garnier Fructis for colored hair...no her hair is not colored it is sun bleached but it seems to work for her hair.. We also use anti frizz to

bmack2107
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM

It really helps to shampoo, wash out, condition, leave it in, then wash up her body... then after her body is washed, rinse out the conditioner. It will help a lot with the frizz to begin with. Other than that. I LOVE John Freida products... a VERY little bit of frizz-ease goes a long way, and I have THICK curly hair. Other than that, a light hold mousse will help a lot... now as for the big mess of curls when she wakes up... that's just how curls are! lol you can't have beautiful curls 2 days in a row without at LEAST wetting it down.. at least, I can't! (If anyone has any solutions to this, please let me know!) Even then, it won't come out the same unless you actually wash it again. OH and don't use a brush on her hair! Use a wide tooth comb! lol

MommyJDTJ
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:15 PM
My ds2 has curly hair but its not too long so I just carefully comb it and its not an issue.

Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN