Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Im Jealous

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM
  • 14 Replies

Honestly Im Jealous of all my friends with there husbands. Not sure why I am maybe cause sometimes i hate being alone. I wish I had a man that loved me and my children. My son ran in and out of the house screaming daddy today.....he doesnt have a dad. Never met him or anything but he saw his friends with there dad today and I guess thats where he got it. It really broke my heart.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117088

For the No drama mama's who want real advice and help with out judgment
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ednarooni160
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry to hear this..  There's another side to this coin also..  Some married women might "envy" you..lol  Enjoy life and look for all the "possibilities" for you and your son..  Don't let him feel bad because he doesn't have a dad, make him feel happy and glad he has a mom.. : )

Charli627
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

hugs mama. i used to be there so i understand. but now i am married to a wonderful man and dad to my kids. but my kids dads are in their lives ( there was a point in the first four years of my ds life that his dad would only come around twice a year but he is more involved now)

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Don't be jealous..... The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. Things will improve sometimes it just takes a little time :)

CoeyG
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:08 PM

So you have to have a man to define yourself?  Having a mam would make your life better?  You would be more of a woman if you had a man?  You are only a validated person when you have a man?  A successful woman is one who has a man rather than one who doesn't?  You are a lousy parent because you don't have a man?  

Talk about setting women back about 50 years...

casedellic.
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Hey, I'm jealous of single moms when the father is involved! I'd love to get the weekends off! lol Plus having a man is just one more kid to have to take care of..lol

casedellic.
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

HEY-O!! No need to get snarky, what do you think this is Newcomers? LOL

Quoting CoeyG:

So you have to have a man to define yourself?  Having a mam would make your life better?  You would be more of a woman if you had a man?  You are only a validated person when you have a man?  A successful woman is one who has a man rather than one who doesn't?  You are a lousy parent because you don't have a man?  

twinsforlove
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this

CoeyG - DId i ever say that? No I didnt, I get lonely most single people do. It made me sad seeing my son search for a father he doesnt have. It would any real human being. Please if you have nothing nice to say go join Mom Confessions and be a brat there.

Quoting casedellic.:

HEY-O!! No need to get snarky, what do you think this is Newcomers? LOL

Quoting CoeyG:

CoeyG
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Oh good grief here we go blowing everything out of porportion again.  OP you are the one whinning tht you were jealous of women who had a man for what reason?  Because your little one has finally noticed that he is different from some of the other kids in the fact that his father doesn't live with him...BFD.  Time to sit down and start talking with your son about life rather than whining that he is asking questions or behaving in a particular manner.  

If you actually want your son to have a male role models check out Big Brothers of America, Scouting, martial arts, and quig whining about how alone you are because you don't need a man in your life for your son to have one in his.

twinsforlove
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Your the one blowing things out of proportion. First off my son is to young I try to talk to him about it but he doesnt understand,hes not even 2 yet! Second I have looked into programs but again HES NOT EVEN FREAKING 2 YET! I am not whinning about it. I was just saying. why do you have to be so rude?I just dont understand all the moms on here that feel the need to put down other moms and be so mean. Is this how we want our kids to act?

I am allowed to be lonely I am allowed to miss having someone around. I am allowed to feel the way I do. I dont know your past or what you have been through or about your kids dad but then again you dont know about mine so please again if you have nothing nice to say please just dont comment on my post. Thank you

Quoting CoeyG:

Oh good grief here we go blowing everything out of porportion again.  OP you are the one whinning tht you were jealous of women who had a man for what reason?  Because your little one has finally noticed that he is different from some of the other kids in the fact that his father doesn't live with him...BFD.  Time to sit down and start talking with your son about life rather than whining that he is asking questions or behaving in a particular manner.  

If you actually want your son to have a male role models check out Big Brothers of America, Scouting, martial arts, and quig whining about how alone you are because you don't need a man in your life for your son to have one in his.

CoeyG
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Quoting twinsforlove:

Your the one blowing things out of proportion. First off my son is to young I try to talk to him about it but he doesnt understand,hes not even 2 yet! Second I have looked into programs but again HES NOT EVEN FREAKING 2 YET! I am not whinning about it. I was just saying. why do you have to be so rude?I just dont understand all the moms on here that feel the need to put down other moms and be so mean. Is this how we want our kids to act?

I am allowed to be lonely I am allowed to miss having someone around. I am allowed to feel the way I do. I dont know your past or what you have been through or about your kids dad but then again you dont know about mine so please again if you have nothing nice to say please just dont comment on my post. Thank you

Quoting CoeyG:

I'm going to the kitchen for some cheese...all this whine has me craving...anyone else want me to get them anything?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN