Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone Vegan?  If so, did you choose to do it bc of health, animal rights or something else?  I've recently been thinking of it for health benefits.  I just think I'll miss my big juicy burgers sometimes....and pizza....and ice cream....ohhhh I'm just not sure.

by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Replies (31-38):
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM
I cut back on a lot of meats, but I don't have the will power to cut out dairy, seafood, pork and eggs completely, lol. I grew up eating anything and everything in moderation. I do notice a big difference in the way I feel if I haven't eaten red meat in a while, so I don't eat it often. Going vegan definitely has it's benefits, and a friend of mine told me that if you ever do, to start slow and cut a few things at a time while you find healthy substitutes. I guess it makes it easier (she did it for health reasons). I know a ton of vegans that do it for their beliefs (I live by the PETA headquarters), and they all had a much easier time going vegan, or never have eaten meat in their lives anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Nope and this house would not survive. H as you know can not live on veggies and fruit. Small doses here. We do not eat much red meat at all. Once in a blue moon ill make a steak. We eat mostly turkey, chicken and sometimes pork. No veal of me. I do love fish. Dairy is a big one too. H doesn't eat much of that but K lives on dairy. Hehe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM

No but I do not eat red meat because it hurts my stomach only fish and chicken

by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:59 PM

lol I just use the hand held vacuum!

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

No..I tried once though as I (like you) wanted the health benefits.  I am so a meat eater..but I couldn't kill a fly.  If I ever have to kill my own dinner, I will probably "easily" become a vegan.

I hate bugs and am absolutyely terrified even phobic of some like spiders and centipedes but I believe they have feelings and families and I feel guilty for feeling that way bc its not their fault so I have this thing called a BUGZOOKA and it uses strong air pressure to suck up and capture the bug and hold it securely in a built in container without harming it (it cant get out though) and then when my husband comes home he takes them outside and lets them go. I also like it bc its really long so I dont have to get close to them to get them bc I'm so scared of them. I love my bugzooka, one of my young adult daughters has one too.

It cost me $25 and is worth every penny If anything ever happens to this one I will make sure I have another asap!

PS this pic isnt mine it is from google. but the bugzooka looks like mine

by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:02 PM

nope, nada, never. I won't knock anyone for doing it, but hellz no for us. between meat and cheese, being borderline anemic I need that big juicy steak. I can't just live on greens that have iron and calcium in them. I need the other stuff that has it too. mmmmm steak. gosh I'm hungry now

by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I'm not Vegan but I do eat a lot of chicken and fish and very little red meat at all. It's very hard to get all the nutirents your body need going to a full Vegan diet. You have to know what you are doing. I eat yogart, cheese, and Ice cream too.

by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Lol no, I couldn't do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM

the more I think about it, the more I know I can't do it.  maybe vegetarian, but i'm not sure

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN