Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Is anyone Vegan?  If so, did you choose to do it bc of health, animal rights or something else?  I've recently been thinking of it for health benefits.  I just think I'll miss my big juicy burgers sometimes....and pizza....and ice cream....ohhhh I'm just not sure.

by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Replies (31-38):
Rach0307
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM
I cut back on a lot of meats, but I don't have the will power to cut out dairy, seafood, pork and eggs completely, lol. I grew up eating anything and everything in moderation. I do notice a big difference in the way I feel if I haven't eaten red meat in a while, so I don't eat it often. Going vegan definitely has it's benefits, and a friend of mine told me that if you ever do, to start slow and cut a few things at a time while you find healthy substitutes. I guess it makes it easier (she did it for health reasons). I know a ton of vegans that do it for their beliefs (I live by the PETA headquarters), and they all had a much easier time going vegan, or never have eaten meat in their lives anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhmomma
by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Nope and this house would not survive. H as you know can not live on veggies and fruit. Small doses here. We do not eat much red meat at all. Once in a blue moon ill make a steak. We eat mostly turkey, chicken and sometimes pork. No veal of me. I do love fish. Dairy is a big one too. H doesn't eat much of that but K lives on dairy. Hehe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinysmom160
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM

No but I do not eat red meat because it hurts my stomach only fish and chicken

HTMommy
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:59 PM

lol I just use the hand held vacuum!

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

No..I tried once though as I (like you) wanted the health benefits.  I am so a meat eater..but I couldn't kill a fly.  If I ever have to kill my own dinner, I will probably "easily" become a vegan.

I hate bugs and am absolutyely terrified even phobic of some like spiders and centipedes but I believe they have feelings and families and I feel guilty for feeling that way bc its not their fault so I have this thing called a BUGZOOKA and it uses strong air pressure to suck up and capture the bug and hold it securely in a built in container without harming it (it cant get out though) and then when my husband comes home he takes them outside and lets them go. I also like it bc its really long so I dont have to get close to them to get them bc I'm so scared of them. I love my bugzooka, one of my young adult daughters has one too.

It cost me $25 and is worth every penny If anything ever happens to this one I will make sure I have another asap!

PS this pic isnt mine it is from google. but the bugzooka looks like mine

HTMommy
by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:02 PM

nope, nada, never. I won't knock anyone for doing it, but hellz no for us. between meat and cheese, being borderline anemic I need that big juicy steak. I can't just live on greens that have iron and calcium in them. I need the other stuff that has it too. mmmmm steak. gosh I'm hungry now

Karen2313
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I'm not Vegan but I do eat a lot of chicken and fish and very little red meat at all. It's very hard to get all the nutirents your body need going to a full Vegan diet. You have to know what you are doing. I eat yogart, cheese, and Ice cream too.

Charli627
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Lol no, I couldn't do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsystipo
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM

the more I think about it, the more I know I can't do it.  maybe vegetarian, but i'm not sure

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN