Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Vegan?

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM
  • 38 Replies

Is anyone Vegan?  If so, did you choose to do it bc of health, animal rights or something else?  I've recently been thinking of it for health benefits.  I just think I'll miss my big juicy burgers sometimes....and pizza....and ice cream....ohhhh I'm just not sure.

by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ednarooni160
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:08 PM

No..I tried once though as I (like you) wanted the health benefits.  I am so a meat eater..but I couldn't kill a fly.  If I ever have to kill my own dinner, I will probably "easily" become a vegan.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I've been veggie for 51 years but I just can't give up dairy.

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Nope,Not me I'm a Meat and Pototo's kinda girl! lol...

CoeyG
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Not Vegan but I do the Vegetarian thing for my health.  I am lactose intolerant so I drink either soy or almond milk.  I don't like all the fat in meat so I eat veggie burgers and hot dogs but I do occasionally have a "fat" burger.  I can have yogrut and cheese in small quantities but for some reason can't tolerat milk.  You can have pizza without animal parts.  Veggie pizzas are pretty good in fact, and I love Veggie subs.  

Browncoat4eva
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I think pescatarian is as low as I could possibly go... I'm not a big meat eater at all, but I love my dairy and I love my fish.

My 11 yr old son is a vegetarian for ethical reasons... he wrestled with it for a couple of years and then about a year & a half ago he just decided he couldn't eat meat anymore. I have to admit-- it's a PITA sometimes. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if my husband & older son weren't such big meat eaters, but I couldn't imagine dealing with veganism; dairy is in so much-- bread, desserts, etc... it would drive me nuts.

If it's not for ethical reasons, why even go all the way?

I mean, you can be a vegetarian and stay away from dairy, but an occasional squirt of mayo or bread wwith eggs in the ingredients or a scoop of ice cream once in a while won't hurt. 

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

manifer_momma
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM
I love dairy too much...meat I can do without.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Im not...dont think I could give certain things up!

earthangel1967
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM

No but I was a vegetarian for 2 yrs bc it breaks my heart how factory farms etc treat the animals and it hurts my heart to eat anyone with a face, feelings, heart, soul and family. : ( Unfortunately to my unexpected shock..it severely magnified a few health issues I  personally have and my internist had to beg me to stop and I knew I had to bc I kept getting worse but i cried and cried and cried, I have to try not to think about what I am eating or it still hurts my heart, also I only buy cagefree eggs and free range chicken for example to help the cause I care about regardless.

I love animals soooo much. : (

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Quoting Ednarooni160:

No..I tried once though as I (like you) wanted the health benefits.  I am so a meat eater..but I couldn't kill a fly.  If I ever have to kill my own dinner, I will probably "easily" become a vegan.

I hate bugs and am absolutyely terrified even phobic of some like spiders and centipedes but I believe they have feelings and families and I feel guilty for feeling that way bc its not their fault so I have this thing called a BUGZOOKA and it uses strong air pressure to suck up and capture the bug and hold it securely in a built in container without harming it (it cant get out though) and then when my husband comes home he takes them outside and lets them go. I also like it bc its really long so I dont have to get close to them to get them bc I'm so scared of them. I love my bugzooka, one of my young adult daughters has one too.

It cost me $25 and is worth every penny If anything ever happens to this one I will make sure I have another asap!

PS this pic isnt mine it is from google. but the bugzooka looks like mine

YVONNE

Ednarooni160
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

I hate bugs and am absolutyely terrified even phobic of some like spiders and centipedes but I believe they have feelings and families and I feel guilty for feeling that way bc its not their fault so I have this thing called a BUGZOOKA and it uses strong air pressure to suck up and capture the bug and hold it securely in a built in container without harming it (it cant get out though) and then when my husband comes home he takes them outside and lets them go. I also like it bc its really long so I dont have to get close to them to get them bc I'm so scared of them. I love my bugzooka, one of my young adult daughters has one too.

It cost me $25 and is worth every penny If anything ever happens to this one I will make sure I have another asap!

PS this pic isnt mine it is from google. but the bugzooka looks like mine

Oh my gosh... I have "never" seen this before..what a great idea.. Cute pict!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)