Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Trying to fit it all in

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 3:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

How to get it all done in a day, week, or even a  month.  I know I am not super mom and I am fine with that.  The two men in my life love me anyway.  I start homeschooling in July, have my own business out of my home.  I am trying to get more organized.  so if you have any ideas on how to get just most of it done I am all ears.  I will admit I am a little strange I do love being a mom and a housewife very much.  My business is my passion so it does help that I am happy and content.

by on May. 17, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Browncoat4eva
by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I work at home; and I homeschool my 3 kids for the last 13 years. And we're on strict budgets, with space and time. I can give you some ideas based on what we do.

Designate an area for the homeschooling stuff. It doesn't matter where you actually sit down to do work-- table, floor bed, etc. But definitely helps to have a shelf or a crate or something for resources.At my house we have a book case; each child's specific work, folders, portfolio etc. goes on his own shelf. The bottom shelf is for common resources, like the dictionary, theraurus, science or art books, etc.

In the designated area, keep the kids' stuff accessible & organized; scissors, crayons, paper, notebooks. We like to develop a little routine; each child wakes up, eats breakfast and goes to get his folder for his current work, and gets it started.

We do units; every 6 to 8 weeks, I take a day or two and organize the unit. For K, it might be the 3 little pigs. We'd read several versions of the story-- the traditional one, the 3 Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig, the 3 Little Pigs and the Magic Shark, the 3 Javalinas, etc. I'd make a list and check for those at the library. I'd also look for books on pigs & wolves. I'd print out worksheets for the letter P, the number 3, and all other kinds of activities that might be related.

That would all go into the kids folder for the unit.

Keep your work stuff in a separate place. Make your work time quiet time for you and treat it like you're at the office-- no one bothers you unless it is an emergency. Keeping a schedule helps, even if you have to put a sign on the door and shut yourself in the bedroom make it clear that it's your work time.

Great website for homeschooling printables at that age is enchantedlearning.com

Also lapbooking is a fun activity. You can find free ones here: http://www.homeschoolshare.com/Lapbooks_at_HSS.php

If you have any questions or just want to talk, let me know. I have 3 kids, one is in college the others are past K and I've been working at home for 10 years so I have been there.

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

Uniquedesign
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Thank you very much.  My little guy did K while in pre k because he wanted to and he was ready.  So we will be starting 1st in July so hot in fl. will take a month off later.  Great help.   I will check out those sites and is there a way here to keep up with who is who.  since I know you can help but I know I won't remember who you are is there a place that I can go and make a list or somehthing that will help me with some things. Liike on fb I have friends and that helps me with who some people are.    I haven't been making and selling jewelry for long but I love it and am really excited about what is happening in my business.  Daniel is really good about letting me do my beading and leaving me alone.

CoeyG
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:28 PM

There is no fitting it all in.  The best thing to do is don't try, you'll only stress youreself out even more.

Lindalou907
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:02 PM

There is a cleaning and organizing group on Cafe Mom,ask them,they are great!

TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 18, 2012 at 5:03 AM

I love being a mom and housewife too...nothing strange about that at all. I dont know the secret to getting it all done or feeling like you've got it all together...I take it day by day...some are definately more productive than others.

Uniquedesign
by on May. 18, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I know that I can't do it all and it is very good to know that there are other woman that know it to.  Since we hear all the time how we have to get it all done and  we should be able to it is good to know that I am not the only one that says it is never going to happen.  Some days my little guy and I just hang out and enjoy each other and nothing gets done and that is fine because he will not be a little one for long.  Being thre for him is more important to me than cleaning the bathroom.  So as we don't fit it all in we just have fun and enjoy our lives.

Charli627
by on May. 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Don't have any ideas but good luck with everything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)