Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Know any single dads??

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:10 PM
  • 18 Replies

I watch Good Morning America every day and I always hear Josh Elliott, the news anchor, talk about his little girl but have never heard him mentioning a wife. So, I looked him up and found out that he was divorced, therefore a single dad. I'm happily married but just wondered why someone who seems that nice and is very handsome is divorced. But i guess he's just putting his baby first, which is great. Do any of you know any great single daddies?

by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snuggiewoogie
by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Not personally! But I see some single dad's coming to pick up there children from school.......

snotnosebrat8
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:04 PM

My cousin.  He's raising his two kids AND his ex-wife's niece. 

CoeyG
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I sure do, I know two of them.  They one has 50/50 custody with his ex wife and the other is a widower and raised his two kids alone until the boy left for the Navy and the daughter graduated UCLA.  

letstalk747
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:54 PM

nope

TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 18, 2012 at 5:08 AM

I know plenty of single dads who I think would make great husbands...I dont know if its by choice or circumstance?

bhow
by Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM

yep, his wife left him with 1 kid to some guy from goodness knows where and the 2 they had together.  the youngest is 14 now and 1 will graduate this yr the other is 23 with a good job living on his own.  the new graduate has worked since she was 15 gets honor roll grades and plays softball.  I heard her talking mother's day about getting ready to go to college.  he has done great on his own since the OLDEST was 11 and everybody likes him and all the kids...they are great people.  I heard a few years back they weren't even sure where the mother was, I don;t know about now.

HTMommy
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I know a few....my ex was one...by default...he didn't want the kids but she picked up and disappeared on their youngests 1st bday. or the day before. She's rather have and do her drugs than be a mom so she left them all.

MrsImperfect
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM
My father was one raising 4 girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTMommy
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:37 PM

One of my best friends is single and a dad, but not the custodial parent. They were never married but where they live, she automatically gets the kids unless she's unfit.

HTMommy
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

As far as Josh and GMA....well I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that, but unless things changed recently he doesn't have custody of her. He said it on air one day I was watching, he said she lives with her mom, but I see her alot. That was actually the first I'd heard he had a kiddo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)