Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Know any single dads??

Posted by   + Show Post

I watch Good Morning America every day and I always hear Josh Elliott, the news anchor, talk about his little girl but have never heard him mentioning a wife. So, I looked him up and found out that he was divorced, therefore a single dad. I'm happily married but just wondered why someone who seems that nice and is very handsome is divorced. But i guess he's just putting his baby first, which is great. Do any of you know any great single daddies?

by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Replies (11-18):
ColorMeCrazy
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Yes, I dated one once. He got married and they had 2 children together, one day she said that she was going out with friends and she never came back. When she was finally found for court/child support proceedings she was a homeless prostitute. She continues to pop out babies and they are all immediately removed by the state :(

bookworm14
by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM
My boyfriend was a single dad, with me now giving him the assistance he needs. He & the X split up in 2008. She basically went nutty after the youngest was born and never wanted help. She has a history of abuse against the older, so he fought for full custody. She has basically walked away from the kids as she hasn't seen them since late 2010. He is an incredible dad for stepping up & fighting for them when they needed it most. She laid her hands on the oldest once and he wasn't gonna have any of that. They're better off for it and him being there for them is one big reason why I love him so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsystipo
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM

No I don't think I do, but I'm sure there are plenty of really good single dads out there!

Charli627
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Yeah I know a couple, one has four kids and one has one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM

The anchor's divorce could be his wife's fault and not really his or he could be different behind closed doors, one never knows. There are a lot of good and nice divorced people. : )

My husband Todd was a single divorced dad with full custody of his then 9 yr old daughter Amanda when we met online dating. I was a single divorced mom with full custody of 4, in less than a year we were all together and raised them as our 5. : D

My cousin is a single divorced dad of a little boy.

I'm sure I know more but those are the first two that come to mind.

YVONNE

mhmomma
by on May. 19, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Yes I do.  He is doing the best he can to make his sons life good.  His ex turned into a crazed person. Glad my friend stepped up to the plate.

CoolMommyofboys
by on May. 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM

one of my youngests sons tball coaches I think is a single dad- he told me the other day that it was just him and his son- he does have a girl friend I think though but I think she lives out of town?  I've only seen her once...his son is a good tball player but he doesn't listen real well in the dug out- he runs around and climbs up on the fence.  I thknk the Dad is trying to be a good father though

GraceHudson
by on May. 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM
nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)