Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

LMFAO-scared to death of spiders and scorpions-PIOG

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 4:40 AM
  • 30 Replies

Last night after I had a smoke outside a black widow fell from the roof and came into the house, so I freaked out and was banging on the glass of the doors trying to get my husband to hear me in the other room. All I had on was a pair of those flip flop slippers which I wear around the house and to go outside when I need a buttbreak, it was terrifying. So he finally heard me screaming and carrying on and told me to take off my slipper and kill it. Well I was still outside at this point and he and the spider are now inside the house, so he grabbed the slipper from me and killed it, thank God. Anyways, this morning when I couldn't sleep I ended up going outside in my pjs and boots, which I shook out in my toilet, just on the off chance a scorpion or spider had crawled inside. Thank God my neighbors aren't nosy and saw me outside in nothing but my pjs and boots, bc it looked f-ing ridiculous, but from now on I am not taking my chances. I already know that there is a black widow who lives next to the doors I go out to smoke on, I just stay out of his way and leave him alone, those things freak me out!

by on May. 21, 2012 at 4:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HTMommy
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Where do you live? South I assume? We had black widows at my middle school in Florida, they would "nest" inbetween the bricks sticking out of the front walls where they would line us up for the buses. We also had those little small tannish white scorpions EVERYWHERE

CoeyG
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:48 AM

How do you know these are black widow spiders?  There are more than one genus of spider that is black in color but not black widow.  
As far as spiders go, most are harmless except to other insects, especially flies.  Brown Recluse Spider bites are worse than Black Widow and Banana spiders are bad, bad, bad 

mopsmommy5
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Spiders dont bother me really, Ill just kill them! Scorpions on the other hand I really hate, its a childhood fear. They used to climb into our beds and on us while we slept! It still creeps me out and I refuse to go back to Texas for just that reason! Ick!
krazykiddles
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Having been bit by a Brown Recluse I am terrified!  I am right there with you! I turn my clothes inside out to make sure! Yes the kids clothes for sure!

CoeyG
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Spiders obviously (LOL) don't bother me, Shannon even had a Tarantula that we actually "trained" to "roll over" for a belly rub LOL.  

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting CoeyG:

Spiders obviously (LOL) don't bother me, Shannon even had a Tarantula that we actually "trained" to "roll over" for a belly rub LOL.  

blank stareDid you just say belly rub? Oh no! I would be totally freaking out! lol....

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:21 PM

We don't have Scorpions here but I would be more afraid of being bitten by a Brown Recluse Spider...... They can really do some serious damage. I don't know if we have them here in Maryland. I certainly hope not! UGH!

my_babies_n_me
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:25 PM
I'm guessing we do.. my MIL got bit by one on her leg a couple years ago. Where it bit her, turned black and gross looking. Years later, it still doesn't look normal again yet.

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

We don't have Scorpions here but I would be more afraid of being bitten by a Brown Recluse Spider...... They can really do some serious damage. I don't know if we have them here in Maryland. I certainly hope not! UGH!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhmomma
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Yuck I hate spiders and bugs. I cringe at the thought of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Quoting my_babies_n_me:

I'm guessing we do.. my MIL got bit by one on her leg a couple years ago. Where it bit her, turned black and gross looking. Years later, it still doesn't look normal again yet.

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Oh that sucks! Your poor mom how awful she had to be bitten by one of those nasty things.......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN