Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Movies!

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM
  • 61 Replies

The only time we go to the movies anymore is to the drive-in. Its always a double feature and its cheaper than the theater. But its only open from late spring to late fall.

Do you go to the movies anymore?

Do you have a drive-in?

Have you ever been to a drive-in?

by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HTMommy
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:52 PM

We are going tomorrow night. I can't wait to get out of this house and away from the kids. Its been too long

HTMommy
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:52 PM

We are going to see Men In Black 3 and Dark Shadows! Can't wait

VintageWife
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:53 PM

We don't go to the movies

There is a drive-in about 45 min away

We haven't been to it in about 5-10 yrs

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:56 PM

There are no drive in here where we are! Last time I went to the movies was with Jenna last summer. It's insane the cost is crazy! It better be a darn good movie if I'm gonna head out to see it!

HTMommy
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:00 PM

hahah so is ours but for us its worth it because we make a night of it. drive down early, the kids play for a bit before hand while we sit and talk, get some AWESOME food from the concession stand for dinner and sit for the movies. Its always atleast a double movie and 2 screens to choose from soon to be 3 and the kid themed ones there are usually 3 since they are shorter all for the same price.

Last year it was 8.25 for adults and 3.75 for kids. This year its 9.00 for adults. Kids are the same. Can't beat that price anywhere here

Quoting VintageWife:

We don't go to the movies

There is a drive-in about 45 min away

We haven't been to it in about 5-10 yrs

HTMommy
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Hey, can't beat $9 and $3.75 for 2-3 movies! ":-)

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

There are no drive in here where we are! Last time I went to the movies was with Jenna last summer. It's insane the cost is crazy! It better be a darn good movie if I'm gonna head out to see it!

betsystipo
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:06 PM

We only go occasionally - the boys have been 3 times.  I want to do the drive in this year - but that will mean I have to make the boys nap that day or they'd never make it til the time it starts!

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Quoting HTMommy:

Hey, can't beat $9 and $3.75 for 2-3 movies! ":-)

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

I wish ther movies were 3.75 here last time we went it was like maybe 10.00 for Jeff and me! Jenna was like maybe 8.00. Just crazy!

LoriAnn87
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:07 PM

No we usually watch until the movie we want to see to come out on DVD or on demand. I think there is one but not sure where and nope never been to one.

HTMommy
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Do you guys have one up there? I remember when I was younger we went to one that was north and over in PA but I don't remember where. I was surprised that mine stayed up for them. Trent manages to stay awake for all of them I don't know how he does it, both Gabe and Holden (my youngest and oldest) fall asleep at the beginning of the second lol

Quoting betsystipo:

We only go occasionally - the boys have been 3 times.  I want to do the drive in this year - but that will mean I have to make the boys nap that day or they'd never make it til the time it starts!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN