Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The only time we go to the movies anymore is to the drive-in. Its always a double feature and its cheaper than the theater. But its only open from late spring to late fall.

Do you go to the movies anymore?

Do you have a drive-in?

Have you ever been to a drive-in?

by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
MorganCandy666
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:38 AM
I only go to the movies if it's something I really want to see.

We use to have a drive-in but they closed :(

I have been to one, but not in 6yrs since it closed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by on May. 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Sometimes. My daughter and I like to go every few months just to get out of the house and enjoy some "girls only" time.

LivinDeadGurl
by on May. 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I can't remember the last time I have been to a drive-in.

Karen2313
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM

We don't have a drive in and I miss them. I use to go years ago when I was a teenager. We do still go to the movies though.

CoolMommyofboys
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 12:35 PM

the boys and I go see the "kid" movies- Misfit Pirates, Toy Story 3, Muppits, we went to see Alvin Chipwrecked twice.  We can't wait to see the new Madagascar- it looks cute from the preview.

the nearest drive-in to us is over an  hour away...I have never been to a drive-in

DH took the boys to see Avengers the other day- I got a couple hours to myself  :)  I went to the thrift store

lindilouwho82
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:37 PM

That is so cool you have a drive in near you! The closest one to me is hours away and I have only been once and it is something I would love for my DD to experience.

HTMommy
by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I wish the theater was cheap, its a great break during those killer heat days of summer, but it costs way too much, and the shock of ours is almost as bad. They make it sooo cold in the theater and you wak outside and almost faint from the drastic temperature change lol

Quoting LucyHarper:

Yes, we go when its something that we really want to see. Movies are pretty cheap in our area and its really the one activity that we spend any money on, the kids love it, we dont have cable or air conditioning, so getting to go to the cool theater in the summer and watch a movie on the big screen is a big deal to them. There is a drive though, about 15 minutes away, and we do go sometimes in the summer, its a lot of fun.

HTMommy
by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I LOVE the cheapy bins at the stores! Its insane how expensive it is lol

Quoting Vikki77:

My fiance took me last Friday to see The Avengers. It was a really good movie. But paying almost $40 for tickets, popcorn and drinks reminded me why we rarely go. Lol I just bought 6 movies at kmart for les than that!

HTMommy
by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Its definitely a fun experience.

Quoting Charli627:

I go to the movies once every other month. Never been to a drive in

HTMommy
by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:21 AM

heheh I love netflix!

Quoting Number1Chef:

We used to always go to the drive in and the movies but i find it cheper to wait for it on netflix

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)