Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: VintageWife

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 4:52 PM
  • 38 Replies
2 moms liked this

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. We just launched a new "Mom of the Day" area. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom is VintageWife, who frequents the Park Bench, as well as a few other groups.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?

No specific moment, but anytime I'm having a hectic day of driving everyone back and forth and trying to figure out what's for dinner and all that, I think 'Well, I'm a mom now...."

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?

Christian Connection Cafe and The Park Bench as well as a few private groups of close friends :)

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?

Meeting other women just like you when you can't find them in your real day to day life. Like on Natural Birth and Parenting. I don't have any real life friends that co-sleep and do extended breastfeeding so it's nice to find them online.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)

Spare time? Oh well, I guess with the few minutes I get here and there where the kids aren't trying to kill each other, I use it reading or getting on CM.

5. What are your favorites:
Book
: Besides the Bible? I guess any motivational, self-help type books especially getting organized ones.
Movie
: Father of the Bride 2, I also like Planet 51 (teehee)
Song: Too many to name. Anything oldies or Christian.
Food: Broccoli
Place to travel to : Loved Germany but prob won't get back there. Would like to see Ireland but that probably won't do that either. Tennessee is a favorite place to visit of mine.

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? 

Reese Witherspoon most likely.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?  Take stool softeners to the hospital with you when you give birth. No one warns you the first bowel movement is going to be hard to do. Then the hospital charges you $50 for one pill (at least they did my bff).

Oh yeah, and you can't spoil a baby so cuddle all you/she wants ;)

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

Unique

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

I wanted to do everything from being a mom, lawyer, nurse, teacher, private investigator, military, etc. I was military. I am a mom and I suppose as a mom I've done all those others too :)

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

Can I pick the cats? They sleep all day. I guess I'd pick our almost 9 yr old. He has ADHD/ODD/etc and I'd love to see how his brain works once it gets to the point of doing something he knows he shouldn't.

11. What's the hardest part about having a partner in the military - or being in the service yourself? And the most rewarding aspect?

The hardest? I've been out for 6 or 7 yrs now. I got out to raise the kids while he stayed in. My husband has only been out 3. He was injured in Iraq and was medically retired. The hardest part for me is all the surgeries he has to go through. He's had numerous ones and the most recent was last week when he had a neck surgery.

The most rewarding? There's a since of pride in having served your country. There's also a sense of community when you are together with other Veterans. On Veterans Day when you go out to eat and you see everyone together in one place. All ages from about 18-90 and they are having a meal and chatting. Generational gaps seem to be closed when Veterans are together. They all understand each other in a way no one else could.

Now answer her question for YOU:

Have you ever thanked any of the Veterans in your family?

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Awwww...I didn't realize it was running today. Yay :D

GingerNeeSmith
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Congrats on being CM mom of the day!!!!

Charli627
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Congrats vintage on being featured!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica79
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Awesome interview, my friend! :) Congrats on being picked!

cjsix
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM

bunch of rosesCongradulations!

To answer your question...I do try to tell Veterans when I see them Thank You. Sometimes you can tell because they wear baseball style hats with info on them...hint hint...lol!

matttabi
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Congrats Tiffany!!!!! Wonderful interview!!!
Ednarooni160
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I already saw this..I was so excited for you Vintage..clapping

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Cool! It was fun learning more about you, thanks for sharing :)
2Cor915
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM

How neat!!  Great interview!  Congrats :)

betsystipo
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM

congrats Tiffany!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)