Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

For those with daughters.......

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 3:11 PM
  • 417 Replies

What is a good age to let your child gets there ears pierced? I got mine done when I was about 12. We were at the mall and we stopped into Claire's and another girl who was about 9 same age as my daughter was getting her's done. Well my daughter watched her get it done and the little girl cried and was pretty upset I guess she was in pain. So Jenna told me she wants to wait longer before she does it. Any thoughts about this? What's a good age?

mirror

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 3:14 PM
14 moms liked this

my daughter will be allowed to get them done when they want them done wheter its tommorow, next year or never :O) my oldest is 4 and oungest 19 months.

We didnt get theirs pierced because we wanted them to hve the option rather than us doing it because we thought itwas cute or because other people where doing it. We didnt want them feel like they have to have them because we did it or because they have always been like that . We want it to be their choice because they liked it or because they were ready for them.

as of right now my 4 year old does not want anty exra hole or needles near her lol thats what she told me :O) and my 19 month old doesnt really get it yet lol

CoeyG
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Shannon had her's done when she was two  She wanted her ears to be like my nieces (she had them when she was 6 months) I told Shannon the procedure and that yes it would hurt a bit.  She went through it...wore studs for years.  When she was nine her aunt got her a pair of small hoops, keep in mind that Shannon's hair has always been fairly long...one day when Shannon was brushing her hair she almost took her ear lobe off because she caught one of the hoops in the brush...the earings came out and she hasn't worn them since.  I don't know what a good age is.  Shannon didn't have a problem with the pain.  I had mine done when I was 14 and then had another set of holes when I was 28.  I don't remember any pain either time.  

unhappymom74
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:20 PM
3 moms liked this

i had mine done when she was 3 months, she had to have her first set of shots.wearing crown

chrarrington18
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Blow got hers 2 weeks before her 1st bday. I wanted it some at 3 months but never had the extra cash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victorianmom55
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I don't remember when my oldest had hers done...and my middle daughter was around six I believe, she got her second holes when she was 22. My youngest can't she is allergic to all metals, going to be interesting when she gets married for a ring.

I didn't get my ears done till I was 18, because that is what my mom said, she had hers done at the same time. I got my second holes the same day my middle daughter got her second holes.

Shari, wife to John 4/88, mom to Heather 1/77,Nyssa 4/89, Michaela 8/94

LuvMyBaby22
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:17 PM
9 moms liked this

I will get my daughters ears pierced when she asks for them to be pierced (:

Necie72
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I did them as soon as she was old enough...  Maybe 8 weeks?

LayahsMama
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I had them done when she was 4 months old. 

PhyllisGB
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:49 PM

DD was 12.  She took care of her ears.  Just recently got her second ear piercing @ age 18 :)  I don't have any piercings, btw

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Mine had asked for some time but we actually didnt do it until she graduated 8th grade! Mine were pierced when I was 2 or 3 ...I just figured until I knew she could handle it then we would get them done~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)