Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Young girl/teenagers & "Booty" shorts?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM
  • 80 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you let your underage daughter wear "booty" shorts out in public?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 89

View Results

I was at the mall with my daugther, and my sister the other day.....

We noticed a lot of young teenage girls (like 14 and 15) wearing those really short, short booty shorts, that barely cover your bum.

I have a daughter that is 8 years old, and she even commented on the girls walking in front of us saying "mom, look how short those girl's shorts are"....

All I know, is when my daughter is that age, she would not be allowed to leave the house is such short, shorts......(even as an adult, I wouldn't like her to wear them, but what can I do about that) I guess it's the "style" now....but I don't think it's very attractive, especially on young ladies.

It's one thing, wearing those around the house, or for pj's....but I think out in public is a little much....what do you all think?

by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this

They have no respect for themselves and their parents don't want to tell them no because they are encouraging them to "keep up with today's fashions."

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM
No way!
angelbabies11
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Heck no!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
popomill
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I think it's terrible. I was never allowed to wear anything above my knee (true story!) or tank tops that didn't cover my shoulders "Because I was top heavy". I always see girls wearing that stuff and I want to smack their parents! I was walking my son last summer and was behind these girls that I thought where at least seniors in high school and they were in junior high!

KeheleyLayna
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM

my daughter will never wear anything like that, even the name "booty shorts" is a turn off for me.

MommyJDTJ
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I have a little from big brothers big sisters, and when she was 12 she started wearing those. Her mom lets her wear them, I do not agree. We tease with her about it, she knows its a joke but she also knows we worry about her not wearing enough clothes. She is now 15.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CoeyG
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM
5 moms liked this

I voted yest I would.  I learned early on to pick my battles.  The bigger the stink about it you make the more attractive it becomes to them and the bigger the battles you will have

startupscafe
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM

It is like wearing pjs in public.   Keep your boys away from those girls.

Aqua_Jen
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM
3 moms liked this
I own booty shorts. My dh enjoys them. When DD has a job and pays her own way then it's her call.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Quoting VintageWife:

They have no respect for themselves and their parents don't want to tell them no because they are encouraging them to "keep up with today's fashions."

Yeah right uh huh...Hell I wore shorts like that when I had the legs and booty as well...Ahhh but my parents couldn't tell me no, I was on my own 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)